1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual I came out to my parents

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by Amy-Rose, Jul 26, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Amy-Rose
    Magical

Amy-Rose Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I came out to my parents an hour ago. It was messy. Objectively, it could have been worse, they don't wish me death, nor to go to Hell, nor do they harass me.

I wish mom didn't laugh at me after my confession, though.

I currently identify as bi, although I suspect may only be a lesbian. This confusion made me lose my sleep for quite some time and my parents noticed that. When I came out I wasn't planning to tell at all (they didn't know that I am not straight until today), I was sleep-deprived and anxious, because, although I finally got the guts this year to admit to myself that I'm not as straight as I am, I can't really accept myself, I have no idea what to do with this part of my personality.

So, imagine me, this confused and sleepy and anxious mess, telling mom and dad that I like girls, because that's one thing I am sure of about my sexuality. I just wanted this off my chest. Dad said I haven't met the right guy yet. Mom said I'm being silly and that it's not natural to be like that and that she wants grandkids.

I feel hurt, but I'm also glad I finally told them this. I am one step closer understanding and being my true self. A big step for me. =)

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 Amy-Rose, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  2. Tzap

Tzap Well-Known Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    Could of been worse.
    Still took a lot of courage.
    Hope all goes well in future.

3. Echolady_88

Echolady_88 Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Well done for saying something! I'm sorry it didn't go quite the way you wanted. Give yourself some time to figure out what you want- there's no rush. Know that you have a community here and everywhere, no matter how you decide to identify. And know that how you feel may change, and that's okay too. Sending hugs!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. Rural Artisan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry things didn't go the way you would have liked.

Parents can say strange things especially in times of shock. Please bear in mind there are lots of traps for the unwary to unwittingly poke a finger right where it hurts us the most.

Best wishes from me that they come to love this aspect of who you are. Much, much stranger things have happened believe you me :) 

#4 Rural Artisan, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2020
  5. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,162 / 2 / -1
    Long hug to a very brave and wonderful person. Proud of you!!!!!!!!!!

You have so much to be proud of and while it could have been better, you took what you feel inside and shared.

Coming out is not asking for permission but staying, this is me and I am happy.

You did it and that is huge.

One more long hug and you are so wonderful - Jo

6. Takusprite
    Fine

Takusprite Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry it didn't go as you had planned it to, but you have a lot of courage to come out to them! I still haven't come out to my family, so you're braver than I am!

And I don't know about the rest, but having kids or not is your decision, not your mom's. And let's say you did want to have kids but you fell in love with a woman. It's still possible for you, either through adoption or using a sperm bank and assisted reproductive technology. So it doesn't matter who you end up with, because there are still ways that you can have kids.

7. cherrycatpaw

cherrycatpaw Bisexual

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations for your bravery. Hope everything gets better for you and your parents can understand you more

8. Amy-Rose
    Magical

Amy-Rose Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thank you to everyone for the kind words and support! I feel so much better thanks to you all!

9. JustAnji

JustAnji Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You are very brave for coming out to your parents! I haven't been able to muster the courage for that myself, but I hope that with some time your parents can understand and accept you without making statements that are hurtful. Congratulations on being true to yourself!
    Best,
    Anji

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.