1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I am carrying around a broken heart

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by Ess, Feb 23, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Ess

Ess Lurker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been the same since October 2018. I still think about her every day. She won't talk to me and I don't know why. She said she wanted to be friends, but instead, she abandoned me.

2. Kahlan

Kahlan Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,045 / 0 / -2
    *hugs* I'm sorry you're hurting. She clearly has her reasons, if I were to guess, I'd think that she doesn't feel the same about you as you do her, and that your feelings for her make her feel very uncomfortable, and whether or not you think this is justified is beside the point. The truth is that we do not always get to pick our friends, especially if they are choosing not to pick us in return. So I'm sure you already know this, but you're better off moving on for your own good. I think getting over her means disconnecting from her at this point. Also, the statement that "she abandoned me," is a clue as to your mindset regarding all this. You feel betrayed by her, and that isn't a good feeling to have lingering about your mind. She must feel that she is better off without you, I think you need to feel the same way about her too, or your future will continue to be crippled by the past. I know this isn't easy to hear, and again, I'm very sorry you are hurting. :-(

3. Ess

Ess Lurker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. We dated and it ended very suddenly.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.