1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

howdy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dnyangelmaker, Aug 14, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. dnyangelmaker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My name is danny. Im an 18 year old trans guy. Im pretty laid back, I dont really talk about the fact that im trans usually, and not in a bad way.

All I do is work and play guitar. I currently work at the railroad so i have a very physical job, 60 hours a week, and spend about 15 minutes a day just jammin out and playing with my dogs.

I’m looking for people to talk to, guys and gals.

2. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,900 / 0 / -9
    Hi Danny and welcome to the forum from this old cis bi guy. :) 

Having dogs in your life and playing an instrument: both very good for your soul and your mental health. I'm a bass player myself, and I try to get at least an hour's practice in every day. Always trying to widen my repertoire and learn new songs. Thank goodness my neighbours are tolerant! :D  What kind of dogs have you got?

#2 Thespis, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  3. PanFox

PanFox Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Welcome and my job at times is very demanding too. And I have the fun of driving to Oklahoma 10 days from now to attend continued training with my employer of 10 years. I will be out there either 3 or 5 weeks depending on if they found an instructor for the 2nd class or not.

I also play my electric 6 string ibanez when i need to unload from a hard day but I am still a beginner with it learning tabs etc.

I have a cat that cuddles up on my legs when I sleep every night even though allergic to cats. I basically just need to wash my hands before rubbing my eyes etc or my eyes get itchy from cat. At some point I will have a dog. But I got a cat and just because I am slightly allergic to her doesnt mean i have to get rid of her.

If you ever need someone to chat with feel free to hit me up. I am genderfluid and while born in a male body I am female most of the time. My career and other roles in my life require me to be a male and so thats pretty much when I am male with my genderfluidity.

4. dnyangelmaker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank god mine are too. I have a weiner dog and a shihtzu kind of dog.

I’ve always wanted to play bass as well as drums, and I wish I could sing, but I’ll eventually get a drumset lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 15, 2019 ---
    That’s pretty sick. At my job, there’s an agent program, but if you do go to another facility, lets say for ten days, you have to work all ten days. You get no breaks, and you could get placed on a completely different shift, I’d wanna try it some day, but thats gonna suck.

What kind of cats do you have?

#4 dnyangelmaker, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  5. PanFox

PanFox Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    We have 2 cats. Both of them saved from humane society. The one that coils up on my legs when I sleep is a calico and the grey kitten is my daughters because the calico cat was suppose to be hers originally but the cat was a kitten when she was 5 and the cat didnt like being carried incorrectly so the cat would run away from her and run to me when I was around giving me that look like... Please Save Me!!! LOL

But my daughter is now 15 and were hoping that the kitten will bond with her and she will have a cat that assumes her as her owner. Both cats are females and fixed so if they get out of the house no worries of kittens.

Thats crazy that the agent program at your work could have you tossed into a different shift. Is there a union there to give you all some protections or no? I have a union that I belong to and of which I am an official at the local facility where I work and because I am a union member I was protected from being out of a job in 2011. Lots of people say why pay dues to a union it wont ever do anything for me, but they only say that until something serious happens and their job was protected. I have to represent all employees no matter or members in good standing or non members. However the quality of help is different between those who are members who pay for protections and those who dont. I have seen situations where a non member gets into hot water and the bare minimum of assistance is given because the union has to, but where a dues paying member got into some serious hot water by being caught by a facebook post that they went to a sporting event and had pictures of being at the event when they called in using FMLA leave and they should have been fired but the union went above and beyond and got the termination reduced to just 1 day of leave without pay and it was reduced only because that extra effort was put into helping them and management made mistake by putting the wrong date on the claim which was not the date of the event. This could have been easily seen as a typo and the pictures still show strong proof that the employee was stupid and went to a basketball game when they were suppose to be at work. What also made matters complicated with it was that a manager from the same facility who works over this employee was in the picture with him and that manager called out sick as well. But you cant fix stupid as for the idiot posted more stuff on facebook which was pictures from within the government facility and lost his job because he was always getting into trouble and this was the final straw. However while the union can help people not lose their jobs, they cant be used as a get out of jail free card which is what this guy was doing over and over again until he was finally terminated. Most people arent that stupid and the effort to keep the employees works to retaining good help.

6. Broken_moon

Broken_moon Goblin Boy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey there! Welcome to the forums! I also play guitar.

7. Wail

Wail Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Heyya I play guitar too hit me up we can talk

Envoyé de mon SM-J710F en utilisant Tapatalk

8. dnyangelmaker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Alrighty! Do you have instagram or discord?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 15, 2019 ---
    What kind of guitar do you have?

9. Wail

Wail Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't but I do have a snapchat it's REMOVED BY FORUM STAFF

Envoyé de mon SM-J710F en utilisant Tapatalk

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.