1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transsexual how transitioning effects pets

Discussion in 'Transsexual' started by Shadrax, Sep 17, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Shadrax

Shadrax Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am considering transitioning (FTM) and I have a dog and a cat. I know that starting HRT effects your smell and body and such how do pets handle this?

2. mask1985
    Dreaming

mask1985 Shy bi guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 0 / -2
    Wow I have never even considered this so have absolutely no idea - sorry - I just think it's a great question so hopefully someone smarter than me can assist with an answer.

3. Shadrax

Shadrax Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only ask cause I have a 13 yr old house cat and a 10 month old puppy

4. NeNe
    Wishful

NeNe keep on moving.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -1
    It happens slowly, so they should be fine your smell dont change to much but its more the bitterness of the smell, More like sweet to bitter or bitter to sweet.

But you have nothing to worry just keep them around you daily and there nose will not notice, but say you vanish for like 2-3 months after starting HRT you might confuse your pet a little but, pets also go of the way you are and speak to.

Cats are none for adjusting there meows to match the voice of there owners.
    dogs might be same but dont know I know dogs might be bit more sensitive but just keep them around you a lot.

Also your smell changes a lot depending on what you eat to so I whould not worry at all

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #4 NeNe, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  5. Blackangel
    Feminine

Blackangel I Haunt The Devil's Dreams
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    It all depends on what kind of animal it is. Dogs and cats are pretty laid back when it comes to this. But others may make a radical swing. For example, I have a macaw. He absolutely HATES men. He is extremely dangerous to be around if you're male. He's 2 years old, and I've had him since before his first birthday. he has ripped me open many times. He tolerated me because he knew he had no choice. But since I have been in transition he has opened up to me. he'll climb on my shoulder, he and I play with each other, he'll eat out of my hand. Things he would never do before I began transition. But I may have to put my foot in his ass if he doesn't quit calling me an asshole.

6. NeNe
    Wishful

NeNe keep on moving.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -1
    This can be down to couple of factors, more than smell.

Pheromones
    personality
    Skin complexation

And my guess that parrot has a male dominance problem and feels threatened by other males in the proximity of him, AKA His Territory.

A macaw séance of smell is very poor but not poor as most birds. A macaw Eyes and Hearing are extremely good so they can spot and hear the subtle differences that we cant even see or hear.

Smell may play a part but I highly doubt it with a Macaw It most be your complexation, personality shift and Pheromones.

Lets not forget other genders can notice other genders just from hormones you dont even need to smell some one for your body to notice pheromones

But most pets the thing most will notice is a shift in pheromones not smell.

Dogs, cats, Birds will all be fine unless they are very agents another gender most time this be down to territory. You find male pets will be okay if a male is changing to a female, males changing to females and the pets female you probs be fine as well unless the female feel's threatened that you taking there lover.

Females changing to male and pets male, you may end up with a bit of a Territory dispute and may be hated that's if the pet cares about Territory mind you.

Females changing to males, pet is female you be fine with this one to you may notice she might get bit more friendly with you.

#6 NeNe, Oct 13, 2018 at 9:54 AM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 10:02 AM
  7. Blackangel
    Feminine

Blackangel I Haunt The Devil's Dreams
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Actually a macaws sense of smell is extremely good. They can smell as good as any dog. They have to have the sense of smell so high to survive. It alerts them to predators that they can't see, and helps them find prey. They don't live on fruit alone.

8. Theory Elias Nygma
    Android Fan

Theory Elias Nygma For there is nothing either good or bad
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,003 / 0 / -15
    I won't be able to be around my dog when I transition, so I'm really worried about this. What if she doesn't recognise me?

9. NeNe
    Wishful

NeNe keep on moving.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -1
    You will be 100% fine just come back with the same personality and charisma's you have. Your smell will not change much what will of changed is if its sweet or bit spicy and sour.

Also your dog will know your smell inside out much like way when you walk into a relatives home and your like I know am in a nice place. Everything has a distinct smell and you will smell the same, its be more about how sharp the smell is or sweet it is. As body's smell mostly controlled by what you eat and your surroundings.

but it depends how long you are away for over all 1 -2 years might be bit hard on your dog but they can recall a smell for years.

Only time your pet will have a hard time is if you come back looking like 100% different, full on voice change and smell change, even your personality whould need to be changed a lot to confuse your dog.

I cant say much about Pheromones as that be down to your dogs personality.

#9 NeNe, Oct 15, 2018 at 9:50 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 9:56 AM
  10. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar The eye of the wolf in Lady Hawk.
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1 / -3
    I am a dog person.
    If I may say, you can do everything to change your body, and that four legged sniffer will see right through any changes. Not a big deal to them, they will love you regardless.
    You must love them back.
    A nephew became a niece, the family Rotti acted no different. The ferrat was confused.

#10 Morfar, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:35 PM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018 at 3:38 PM
  11. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar The eye of the wolf in Lady Hawk.
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1 / -3
    I had a neighbor,, killed my cat, my dog hated him.
    Years later he became a very attractive translady.
    Dog still hates her.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.