1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

How To Find Someone in Highschool

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Joup, Oct 29, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Joup

Joup Mood - Constantly Sad

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right now I am a boy in highschool and I was wondering if anyone has any tips to find a guy to date. I am kinda limited because I go to a small school where I know everybody. How do I meet people outside of my school?

2. River W.
    Jammie

River W. Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,637 / 1 / -9
    Well I mean, unless you have activities outside of school, there really isn't a good way to find someone outside of school. Idrk how you would find someone in school. It's kinda weird to just come up to someone and ask if they're gay... I don't really have much help sorry.

3. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,359 / 1 / -31
    The best way to find somebody -- in high school or anyplace else -- is to be out. If that's not possible for you, you have to be very observant, and look for 'tells" -- what is commonly called "gaydar." If you're going to have a boyfriend, though, at least you have to be out to each other -- and getting to that point is likely to involve a degree of risk.

4. splashysploo
    Tired

splashysploo Hot Cookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey Joup!

I'm not 100% sure where to find other guys to date in high school either to be honest. If I'm totally honest with you, I'm 20 and I've never been on a date in my life.

I can ask you one thing though - are you planning on going to university or college after you leave high school? Here in the UK at least a lot of universities have LGBT+ societies where even if you don't look for people to date you can get to know more about the community and maybe find new places to meet people via friends you might make or people you might meet there too.

I also know that some places in the UK offer support groups and other services to young people on the LGBT+ spectrum. Would that be something you'd be confident at looking for? Again, I can't promise I know any specific way or means of getting a date in high school (I never looked myself =/) but there are ways of getting to know more LGBT+ people for you which might lead to either something directly though them or to you finding out other ways of meeting people.

I hope I kinda helped and good luck :) 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.