1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

How long does forum hold my draft messages/post saved?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Tears, Dec 8, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Tears
    Dead

Tears TEAred of life...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I'm a bit upset after quite huge content i prepared for a week now magically disappeared? How that?!

I was trying to improve the content and so on decided to not send it immediately, thought that the function of auto-save at this forum will be very helpful. And so on, I've did added almost daily some content to my message but haven't clicked any button yet, and always it was waiting for me when i uploaded the page the next day. Until today, when I was going to again refill it a bit, and what a suprise - message text was empty!

Not sure if that's just a bug or does my message 'expire' if i won't send it in any time frame?

Do I prevent it from happening if i click additionaly on the save icon?

2. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,980 / 0 / -40
    When I want to spend a long time refining a post, or if it's a long post that takes a long time to write, I always compose it in a text editor and save it often. When it's done, I cut and paste it into a post. There are many mysteries about the way this site works, and none of us knows all of them.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Tears
    Dead

Tears TEAred of life...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Ahaha, but that's so wrooooong! :D 

I have no other choice as to remember it and make use out of it in future...

Meanwhile for other users at least it would be incredibly helpful if someone would fix it.

4. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,980 / 0 / -40
    We run this site, but we don't own it. Therefore there are very few things wee can fix, and the way drafts are handled iis not one of them -- sorry. We do what we can. The "fix" for your problem is to compose and edit on a text editor and then cut and paste.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.