1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

How do you love yourself?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Being., Sep 7, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Being.
    No Mood

Being. Hello
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,847 / 1 / -13
    I think I've asked this before.
    But how do you love yourself?
    Everyone says I need to start loving myself and stop looking outwardly for approval. But I don't have a fucking clue how to do that. And yes, I'm outwardly asking a question I should probably already know.

2. MikaIsAHuman
    Heartbroken

MikaIsAHuman Human...maybe?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I can totally see where you are coming from! I'm in a similar position, however, I think my biggest piece of advice is to believe in yourself, don't look down on yourself, know that you are worthy and other things along those lines.

The main parts to - maybe not full on loving yourself but accepting yourself, is to embrace who you are even if others don't.

Hope this helps.

3. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,344 / 1 / -30
    The key to loving yourself is to do the kinds of things you find lovable in others. Work at behaving like the kind of person you admire -- especially at things that put you a bit out of your comfort zone.

Good people rarely are self-satisfied, but give themselves credit for trying -- and judge themselves by how well they manage to make others happy.

4. ElvenFairy
    Sarcastic

ElvenFairy Collector of Cacti
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    For me it's been an upward struggle, but I started with tolerating myself. Still being critical overall, whilst finding one or two things to like and concentrating on those. For me these were shallow points but a starting block nevertheless.
    I'm now at a point where I am accepting of myself and actually on the most part don't care what others think of me.
    Don't get me wrong, there's things I still hate and find myself focusing on (I'm most critical of my body and it does take over every part of my life when I let it).
    When it happens I try to remember the things I do like or am proud of and it helps me to put my thoughts into perspective.
    Don't know if this will help at all but it felt good to share anyway x

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.