1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual How do you cope with questioning?

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by HappyToBIMe123, Jan 13, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. HappyToBIMe123

HappyToBIMe123 Grand King of The Apple Juices.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I really hate my schooling situation. There are lesbians and non binary people decently around, and I want to express my feelings. But I know how society is. No one really cares no one wants to hear someone else’s problems. That really makes me sad. I genuinely question if the people here even care of they just want to get it out of the way... idk I’ve had a badish day.

2. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 2 / -1
    I am sorry and as I was coming out people would ask if I was getting a sex change or what and other mean things and I never lost it as that would let them win.

What I had was my self acceptance that keeps me strong and happy and with that I now have made friends (never did that before) and do not mind going out to places with small groups.

Give it time and know not everyday is perfect but being alive is about being human, not perfect.

I wish you a better day on Tuesday and there after.

Hug - Jo

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,721 / 0 / -39
    Hey Happy,

We genuinely care. Nobody is under any obligation to respond to anyone, so if we didn't care, we wouldn't respond. The moderators actual duties only include pragmatic things like clearing out spam and keeping undesirables off the site. Even the mods aren't necessarily expected to respond to members, but we do -- we do because we do care. Plus, there are a lot of members who are very dedicated to responding to members and genuinely try to help them through whatever their problems, troubles, and questions are. Some people join because they need advice or help understanding things, or are looking for support, friendship, people in similar situations to talk to -- some people join to share their experience, knowledge, wisdom, etc., and to try to provide comfort and support to others. Most of the people here see this as a family -- a functional, loving, understanding, open minded, and accepting family. We really do care, and it's genuine.

Lots of hugs,
    Audry Leigh

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,299 / 1 / -36
    Yes, we all know how society is. Some people are changing it by coming out: the more visible we are, the more acceptable we become Still, you have to be ready, and usually that means so sick of hiding whom you really are that you're willing to put up with society's bullshit.
    It's true that many people are too immersed in themselves to take an interest in anybody else -- but a reasonable number will be genuinely interested and sympathetic. Something I've discovered over the years is that if you become one of those people who really listens, others become more inclined to listen to you.

I hope you have a much better day tomorrow! :) 

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.