1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

How do I pass as male better?

Discussion in 'Transsexual' started by Min Jung-So, Jan 11, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Min Jung-So

Min Jung-So Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if my English is off, I have been learning the Korean language and it is hard to speak Korean and English in the same day. I am planning on fully being male and I am asking please what do I do to pass as male a little better? I have considered top surgery but I'm not sure yet. What do you guys think I should do?

Do I look man enough? Just thought I could get a second opinion.

The pic is of me and my sister.[​IMG]

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

2. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +506 / 0 / -7
    Hi Min Jung-So and welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I'm going to be a big disappointment: I'm just an old cis bisexual, so I have no expertise in this area, but I'm sure that somebody useful will be along soon.

Your English is impeccable, BTW. :) 

3. Min Jung-So

Min Jung-So Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for comment my English. It mean so much to me. : D

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

4. iam-jaylen
    Spaced

iam-jaylen Demiboy | Pansexual | he/them
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 1 / -1
    Hi there! I am a trans male, so hopefully I can give you some good tips and tricks to help you pass in public. You actually pass quite well already, so you may not need all of this but I'll leave it here for you anyway.
    Short haircuts are always good, if you can't cut your hair then try putting it in a bun and then wearing a beanie/hoodie.
    Chest binding is very helpful, both for passing and easing dysphoria. However, you have to be very careful not to hurt yourself, as you can damage your ribs or even ruin your chances at getting top surgery. There are several places online that you can order chest binders from. I do not recommend buying a binder that is cheaper than $20, it will probably hurt more and will not last as long as the more professional ones. There are other ways to bind as well if you can't get a professional chest binder, just be careful. Please never bind with bandages or tape, and do not bind for more than ten hours or while sleeping.
    Try wearing clothes that are a little too big for you, not super huge or anything but a little baggy. It helps hide your body shape to make you look more androgynous.
    You can practice lowering your voice as well, to sound more masculine when you speak- I often hear stories of trans guys passing as male just fine until they speak, so this may be helpful for you to do.
    Of course, the best way to pass as male is to go on testosterone and/or get top surgery- however, that is a very long process and it costs a lot of money. You need to be sure that is absolutely what you want, especially with top surgery, but I think that if you are actively trying to pass as male in the first place that it will benefit you. It is up to you, though, whether or not you want to go through that process.
    I hope this helps you!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.