1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

how do i pass as a guy??? HALP???

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Rileysaurus, Feb 12, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Rileysaurus
    Depressed

Rileysaurus Curious Explorer
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    so this is a question for y'all female to male trans peeps..
    how do you like... do your face? like.. i know it probably involves darkening your eyebrows and contouring your face differently but i've never been that much into makeup and i dont really own much makeup.. so some brand names or links to makeup (preferably kinda cheap?) would be great.. also drop in your own tips and tricks on how to do the thing, feel free to leave in links to youtube tutorials..

please just help XD

2. Sir A.G
    Artistic

Sir A.G Transgender Guy
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,712 / 1 / -5
    I've never ever worn makeup, even to pass. The only trick I used to make my face more masculine is my hairstyle. I used to wear it down my face, sort of like how the girl has it in my profile picture (but shorter of course) and I didn't pass well with that. People thought I could either be male or female. But then I changed it so that it sits up, sort of like an undercut but with longer sides, and ever since then I've passed as a male. I can send you a photo of what my hair looks like now if you want. Hair is a big help for making your face appear masculine and there isn't one right hairstyle for everyone, finding the right haircut has to do with the individual.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Rileysaurus
    Depressed

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    but my biggest problem is that my hair is already short XD it is pretty long now but that only because i cant afford to have it cut yet.. i wanna go for a kinda different look and have only the top part of my hair long and have it really short on the sides and back and then i can kinda style it up but im not sure how that's gonna work out..
    thanks for your input though i appreciate it :3

4. Sir A.G
    Artistic

Sir A.G Transgender Guy

Ratings:
    +2,712 / 1 / -5
    Oh another thing, if your hair is TOO short it's usually harder to pass for some people. I like mine nice and long at the tops.

5. Yami Bakura
    Frustrated

Yami Bakura ♚King of Thieves♚
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,809 / 0 / -5
    Passing is tricky. I also think that the thought of having to "pass" is so wrong and implies that we really aren't the gender we are. But with how are society is, they are quick to judge. I wish it wasn't this way....there's some days I'd love to go to school without my binder but then I'd just be misgendered up the ass and feel dysphoria...so that's out..

Some passing tips I can suggest is just getting a chest binder or if you can't afford/get one right away, then two sports bras (one back, one regular) as that kind of flattens unwanted parts. I use a sports bra and a binder (I was cursed with a bigger chest) and this helps me quiet a bit.

Never use ace bandages, those constrict after awhile and could cause damage.

I wear layers, will probably be getting a full tank binder soon so I won't have to wear as many....I have hips...they suck...layers help kind of detract from this.

Of course wear more male clothes, look for clothes in the men's/boys department if you're able.

If you can't wear men's shoes, then a pair that look like either or could wear, would work too.

Hair is tricky as everypony's hair and face shapes are different. Look for hairstyles that would compliment your face shapes, and make you look more masculine.

Using men's products like deoderant, body wash, etc. Could help, at least psychologically make you feel more male. It does me.

The best advice I can give, is work with what you have at first, wear anything you already have that could be considered boyish. With time, and money, your wardrobe will expand. And it will help you pass better.

It is tricky to pass, I'm still learning. I just realized I was Transgender last summer and have been trying to learn all I can. Basically, it has to come from you. Be confident, observe how cis men behave, observe their walks, how they sit, how they talk, etc. I know this is a lot.

The best thing to do is take it one day at a time, learn, observe, maybe get advice from somepony you trust. But it has to start with you. Don't worry about being manly enough, find your own form of masculine and work with that. There are many different types of men and there's no one or right way to be a man..hope this helps some.

-.-.-:-:-.-:-.-.-.-.-.-.-/

How to dress like a man video

-.-.-:-:-.-:-.-.-.-.-.-.-/

A Youtube channel that gives all kind of tops on how to dress, act, and act like a gentleman...

Real Men, Real Style

I just discovered this channel. There are a ton of useful videos here. I hope some help you.

Well that's all I got. I hope this was helpful for you. It really does take time..it takes time to build up a more manlyish wardrobe and circumstances are different. Work with what you have at first and go from there. Again, hope this was useful..

~Bakura: The King of Thieves

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Sir A.G
    Artistic

Sir A.G Transgender Guy

Ratings:
    +2,712 / 1 / -5

For me, passing helps me feel comfortable in my body and defeat the dysphoria. I'm surprised that you'd feel comfortable rocking up to school without a binder as a trans guy, but I guess everyone is different. I can't stand not wearing my binder even when by myself.

7. Yami Bakura
    Frustrated

Yami Bakura ♚King of Thieves♚
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,809 / 0 / -5
    I had to before I bought a binder, because wearing a bra was hell. Now I wear a binder when I go to school or whenever I go out in general. I hate my chest and to have it suppressed with a binder is great as it makes me feel like a man which I am. Yes, every guy is different. I'm still figuring out how to pass, how to best dress like the gentleman I want to be.

8. SuperMiles
    Masculine

SuperMiles Your friendly neighborhood Trans Guy: Miles :)
    Former Staff Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I've never worn makeup to pass at all either, but I do wear masculine clothes and men's smelly stuff. My go to to wear is a t-shirt or long sleeve shirt, a masculine sweatshirt, khakis, men's shoes, men's socks, and a hat. Also short hair does help too, and there's this weird thing I do, it's basically a "masculine walk" or sitting with my legs out sometimes I'll do it (not too much tho) and....hmmm.....idk really what else. But ultimately, I just do what feels natural to me an dbe myself, which has grown over the years to be more masculine. Sorry this maybe wasn't much help, but here's a past pic of me. Nothing special lol.

[​IMG]

9. Rileysaurus
    Depressed

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    well i've already pretty much nailed the clothing and acting guy ish and even though i have a binder it's pretty much useless (biggest waste of £50 ever) so i just layer on as many sports bras as i feel i need (im not actually trans im fluid but i felt y'all could help more) but the only thing i can't really nail is the makeup... how to look like a guy.. and being a pretty big girl my cheap ass sports bras don't do enough to dispell the dysphoria and people do tend to just notice that part of me.. it's infuriating to not have products for people with bigger bodies, people who need to pass as male, people who just want to be themselves... there needs to be cheaper, more available more accessible shops thats like a one stop shop... i just.. cannot stand my chest anymore.. even when i feel more female... and those days are few and far between and i'm not even sure if a breast reduction surgery would be funded for me on the NHS

BASICALLY MY LIFE IS FALLING APART AND I HAVE LOTS OF THINGS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT JUST PICK A SUBJECT AND I COULD GO ON FOR DAYS XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Theory Elias Nygma
    Batty

Theory Elias Nygma For there is nothing either good or bad
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +943 / 0 / -15
    Right, so your issue is with the face, right? I don't wear makeup to pass either (that's not something many ftms do), so here's a tip for hair;
    SHAVE YOUR SIDEBURNS. Get an undercut.

Tips for body? Work out to reduce breast size and widen shoulders.
    There's nothing wrong with being chubby, but it's quite hard to pass if you're a chubby pre T ftm.

For makeup, try asking youtube if you haven't already done it. There are a lot of drag kings who show you how to chisel your face, thicken your brows, and even add some facial hair.
    - But again, it's hard to chisel shade when you're chubby.

11. SwordArts

SwordArts Well-Known Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Can’t help with the makeup as never tried it myself. However I did find a load of YouTube videos specifically about binding a bigger chest. I’m not really able to judge how useful they are as that isn’t my body shape (so I can’t recommend a specific one) but I’m sure there is some good advice. I just did a search for ‘binding for bigger chest’.

12. SwordArts

SwordArts Well-Known Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks the video. I’ve watched a few of his videos before but not that one. He has some really good advice. Though I will admit, since I know I have no chance of passing as an adult man, I sometimes deliberately aim to pass as a teenage boy :) .

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.