1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Trigger Warning! How do i go about dating? 18+

Discussion in 'Asexual & Grey-Ace' started by Cerie Hinton, Nov 26, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Cerie Hinton

Cerie Hinton Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I have been abused sexually by my ex and i want to try and get myself out there but do not know where to begin. Dating sites i see are obsessed with pics of people and scrolling it is so hard to get a persons personality from a picture.
    I also disabled and ptsd and have a daughter. I also have quite specific tastes in my long term partner. I am a dominant and enjoy it and the sex that sometimes go with it as not every bdsm session ends in penetrating me.
    i want a partner but i have no idea how to navigate the world of dating. i am stuck. I want to be proactive in trying to find someone but what i am doing now, scrolling through pictures, seems more like a chore than anything else.

2. Dreamsexual
    Tolerant

Dreamsexual Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Hi cerie.

Sorry to hear about your situation. And I hope you get great success finding what it is you want.

But I note you posted this in the asexual sub-forum, and that seems an odd place to post a request asking for dating advice connected to BDSM with sexual activity. I'm guessing the majority of people here don't really have any experience or knowledge about sexual activity or dating sexuals etc. Might you get better responses on another sub-forum?

Other than that, I really don't know what to tell you. I have literally zero experience of looking for dates or online dating or stuff like that. Maybe go out more into the world - clubs, bars, pubs, social events, work dos etc etc - and see if you meet someone? I'm sorry, I don't know what to say.

But I really do hope you find what it is you need :) 

3. Cerie Hinton

Cerie Hinton Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Tried all other avenues, not on this site, and to no avail. And thought i might try this forum as all other avenues are exhausted. I tend to over write in posts. But this looks like a dead end. I know i am unusual ace, demisexual, but oh well. Seems like i might have to wait to meet the right person in passing as dating sites are not geered up for personality first.
    Anyway, thank you for answering.

4. Dreamsexual
    Tolerant

Dreamsexual Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Ah, you're demi - that makes more sense now :) 

Maybe another demi on here can help you. I'm sorry to say that in my experiences demi's and romantic aces have a really hard time dating :( 

I wish the world was different ...

5. Cerie Hinton

Cerie Hinton Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes. Went out on one date in three years and that ended in disaster. I just wish it could be the same for everyone. That dating is acessable to all types of people. But never mind. A part of me wants to stop looking but the wants to be active because if i stop looking it means i have given up and because of my background and being a single parent to go places i might meet someone.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.