1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

High school

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Myin, Nov 3, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Myin

Myin Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone so I’m a junior in high school and I’m pretty shy.im also in the closet although most ppl can guess I’m gay and I was wondering how can I get a boyfriend lol or even more guy friends.Also I’m not thattt ugly but I’m not that attractive either so if anyone has any tips lmk :( 

2. r3gulator3

r3gulator3 Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Talk to people, that’s the biggest thing. Me being an introvert has been the hardest thing ever to overcome. But now that I have opened up and started talking to people I have made a lot more connections.

“Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away.” -Lady Gaga-

3. Myin

Myin Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yea but I get really nervous and really anxious when I’m talking to a cute guy but other than that I can talk to most of my friends
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2018 ---

#3 Myin, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  4. r3gulator3

r3gulator3 Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that’s what I’m talking about. Guys are into confidence. If you display it they respond to it. It’s about having that 20 seconds of courage to start the conversation and then as it progresses you will get more comfortable with talking.

“Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away.” -Lady Gaga-

5. ConfusedButHappy
    Dreaming

ConfusedButHappy Explorer.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

I only recently started "noticing boys" (or rather letting myself) so despite going to a boys school I can't help with the boyfriend.

I am however also very shy and it takes me quite some time to get comfortable, but forcing myself to participate in school activities was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Participation will let you get to know new people (including guys), build confidence and probably get new friends (maybe one of them will catch your eye ;p).

Good luck and enjoy!

6. Myin

Myin Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2018 ---

Thank you

7. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,360 / 1 / -31
    For gays guys in high school, whether or not they're out, I always recommend drama club. In my experience, drama clubs even can be better than the official GSA (if the school has one.) Involvement in a major, complex project like a theater piece forces even shy kids to interact with each other. If you can't sing, dance, or act, you can work as a stage hand.

ConfusedButHappy is absolutely right about involvement in school activities as an easier way for the shy or socially awkward to start interacting and making friends. Activities have structure, so you don't have to guess how to behave -- you're less awkward.

Other arts groups also are good places to meet gay kids, and I really don't know why drama is best, but it is.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.