1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Hey so there’s a guy...

Discussion in 'Gay' started by dounuts7975, Jan 4, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. dounuts7975
    Frantic

dounuts7975 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so to start this let’s say I’m not the most social person in the world. I’m a gay junior in highschool who’s only dating expirerence came from a girl in middle school which is where I also had my first kiss. Anyway I have a big issue with talking to guys I crush on (which happens to be a lot of them) and want to start a friendship with said person. I’m somewhat out I suppose my mom knows as do my friends and it’s not exactly a secret but not exactly common knowledge I suppose. Anyway there’s a guy that sits across from me on the bus and well we’ve talked once or twice and he’s nice and I found myself developing a crush on him. Only problem our one or two conversations didn’t last long and I don’t know how to start a conversation without being awkward. I’m not sure of his sexuality and being the way I am I only seem to like straight guys. Anyway does any1 have any advice for becoming friends with him? God forbid maybe flirting with him a lil bit if we do become friends. Anyway thanks for reading any advice is appreciated thank you

2. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -7
    I'm a retired actor. Here's an actor's trick:
    pretend to yourself, until you're thoroughly convinced, that you DON'T have a crush on him. Once you're "in character" as non-crush boy, you can talk to him like you would any other boy, without feeling awkward.

While you're in character like this, by chatting to him you can try to find out what his attitude is towards LGBT+ people. If that turns out to be favourable and you're SURE that he's cool with it, what I'd do next (before any flirting behaviour) is come out to him: see how he responds to that. If that goes well, time to get flirty! :) 

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #2 Thespis, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  3. RainbowLightning
    Happy

RainbowLightning Someone Just Trying Their Best
    Beloved Member

UK, but not as close to you as I'd like to be
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm also a gay junior in high school and I know what it feels like.
    If he doesn't have any classes with you then it gets trickier. I would try to find out what clubs/activities he does and try to do them to give you an excuse to talk to him. Normally if you can talk regularly there is a good chance of becoming friends :) 
    Otherwise ask him about something you know he's interested in on the bus and see if you can get anywhere. Worst case try to find ways to spend time with him as a friend of a friend or something.
    High school is the worst, becuase no-one's gay :( 
    Don't feel down!

4. SGT.ATLAS

SGT.ATLAS Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I’m in yr9 in high school (I’m british) and when I have a crush on a guy I make an excuse to talk to him like soon Ill find out what classes my crush is taking and take a few of them to now I’m Lucky because I know he’s single and (rare case ik) so I hope this was any help for you

5. dounuts7975
    Frantic

dounuts7975 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know he’s single just don’t know if he’s gay.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.