1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

#HeterosexualPrideDay lol responses

Discussion in 'Funny' started by Halloween, Jun 29, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Halloween
    Batty

Halloween I'd rather burn than boil
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 0 / -34
    My favorite is that one that shows a spelling error alert under "heterophobia." That was clever, I like that.

Here Are Some Of The Best Responses To #HeterosexualPrideDay

The most ridiculous day of the year is here once again!

It’s that time of year again.

Not only is June recognized as Pride Month in many places around the world, it’s also when some straight folks decide to whine about the fact that there’s no such thing as Heterosexual Pride Month or Day.

Case in point: On Twitter today, #HeterosexualPrideDay began trending. The day apparently became “a thing” on June 29, 2016 and rears its ugly head once again this year. However, we’re happy to report that most Twitter users weren’t having it and their hilarious responses to the ridiculous hashtag almost make up for the fact that some dumb asses actually think it deserves to be an officially recognized holiday (it doesn’t.)

Check out some of our favorite tweets below.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. CharaDraemurr
    Overworked

CharaDraemurr Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I think it's very interesting, and, yeah, the Heterophobic one was clever.
    And it was funny XD.

*Thoughts* Since when do they need a day?! A DAY!! OMG THIS WORLD IS SO LOST!!

#2 CharaDraemurr, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  3. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Badass

CoffeeUnicorn34 Bakura★Non Binary★Badass
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -1
    This is funny because they don't actually need to have to fight for their rights to be married, fight like hell just to get treated like the human beings that they are, have their romances predictably boring in every romance film ever, and an ever growing list of things their straight happy asses don't have to worry about.
    [​IMG]
    Instead we have to fight for being able to walk hand in hand with our same sex partners down the street while getting dirty looks/hateful comments thrown our way, fight for rights to go in the bathrooms with genders we identify as, or again any number of rights issues that they as cis straight people don't have to worry about. They can just be and nopony bats an eye, meanwhile many LGBTQ+ folks have to fear hatred, resentment, discrimination, all for who we love and who we happen to be attracted to because we aren't "born to be straight". God forbid, anypony be different. I have to tell you, for real if we was all the same, this world would be a bloody boring place.
    [​IMG]
    The point of this wall of text is for me to merely illustrate that straight cis people have all the basic human rights and protections they will ever need. Meanwhile LGBTQ+ people are suffering just because we're different or happen to be attracted/love somepony of the same gender as us, don't feel comfortable in our biological bodies because our spirits identify as something else, or just any number of things really. I really could go on. The point of all of this is they should be bloody thankful they don't have to go through the bloody hell they put us through. I can tell you if the tables were flipped, they'd be fighting pretty damn hard to be treated like human beings and to have their basic rights to exist protected.
    [​IMG]
    I rest my case.

4. Queshire
    Magical

Queshire Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    The funny thing is that I know somebody who probably would agree with a hetero pride day if you brought it up around him.

5. Avery35
    Benevolent

Avery35 "Lets have a war!"
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +323 / 2 / -17
    Welp it is a sexuality like all the other ones..so...:smuggrin: ..if they want to make some little straight pride day or whatever,I don't care..hell the LGBT community has an entire month just for themselves:rolleyes: 

my eyes are still burning from the images of some pictures I unfortunately stumbled across from some pride parades(naked guys and girls with no tops or bras on...it burns..is that what pride is coming to? A sex show? I hope not...)

#5 Avery35, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  6. anon_abstraction
    Chatty

anon_abstraction Renaissance Nerd
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    It's LGBTQ pride month. No one is saying you can't be prideful of being cis het all year. We get a month....you get...wait....all of human history? Is that right? Yeah...yeah I think it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Avery35
    Benevolent

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +323 / 2 / -17
    I don't get what's there to be proud of..proud that you're not afraid of liking who you like or proud that you like penis and or vagina?

8. anon_abstraction
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0

Proud I can do it safely in the streets for one month only?

9. pokerchips
    Holy Shit

pokerchips Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Pride is as much a celebration of our right to be alive, as it is a protest against those that would try to snuff us out, just as much as it is a memorial for those that didn't make it this far. At least, in my opinion.

10. Avery35
    Benevolent

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +323 / 2 / -17
    The meaning of pride has changed a lot over time in my opinion..I guess everyone has a different definition of what pride is

11. pokerchips
    Holy Shit

pokerchips Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    For sure. I was just saying, that's what it means to me.

12. anon_abstraction
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Proud that I'm important enough that the Facebook programming team took time to change their javascript(I'm guessing) to add an emoji for me for liking one page?

Proud those same emojis made a group of bigots look like assholes?

depressing....but fair.

13. Marlak16
    Mellow

Marlak16 Still learning about stuff

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I am straight, and I am grateful I don't need to go outside being insulted or constantly being told I need to get help. Well, I do get told those things, but it's for different reasons, haha.
    Seriously through, this doesn't need to exist. We already have rights and I am really grateful for that. Now is your turn to feel like you belong. And I really hope that one day, pride months and parades won't be important, because you will be able to go outside and express your love and gender in the same way as us. ^^

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Badass

CoffeeUnicorn34 Bakura★Non Binary★Badass
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -1

You don't know what this means to me to hear you say that. Gosh I wish I could hug you! I'm so happy you're on our side! Just thank you for being an ally. That means alot to me. :) 
    [​IMG]

#14 CoffeeUnicorn34, Jul 17, 2017 at 8:23 AM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 8:26 AM
  15. Marlak16
    Mellow

Marlak16 Still learning about stuff

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    CoffeeUnicorn34
    Nah, no need to thank me. Just stay strong. I really hope that one day, every day will be both LGBT+ and heterosexual pride day, if you catch my drift. :) 

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. Centipede
    Happy

Centipede Audentes fortuna iuvat
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0 / -2
    I put people who want straight pride on the same boat as those who want a white history month, it's not like those go on every day/month/year, oh wait they do. The people who suggest them don't seem to have enough of a brain to realize that though, all shade intended.

17. LittleGnome
    Feminine

LittleGnome Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Honestly I feel like gay pride was the original and hetero pride was the parody, thats how i look at it.