1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Here Goes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vamps7652, Dec 1, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Vamps7652

Vamps7652 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I am a little confused and conflicted on some stuff so I came here. Here goes I guess. I don’t particularly have a name right now that feels right so idk
    I’m 16 yrs old and a biological male. As of late I’ve started to realize I’m not happy with who I am genetically. I live in a very religious and conservative place and so I’ve never really understood what it means to be LGBT+. Because of this I’ve always felt off but never knew why. So after research and whatnot I’ve come here. Right now I just need someone to talk to. Some help as to who I really am and why it’s ok or acceptable. I just know I feel trapped in a body that isn’t mine. And I feel bad about it. It doesn’t feel ok and it’s a little scary. But I want to know what this is and how I can become my true self. I hope this makes sense I guess. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,140 / 0 / -0
    Hello and welcome to the family. Everyone here is super kind and supportive and no matter what particular kind of LGBT you end up being, there's definitely someone here who can help and advise you.
    For now know that you're not alone and that we're here to help you.
    If you give us a few more details about how you feel maybe we can help you...I have a few ideas but I don't want to be putting words in your mouth. Only you can decide who you are :) 

3. Dreamsexual
    Tolerant

Dreamsexual Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    Hello vamps :) 

Hang in there. I believe, and hope, things will get better for you.

Welcome.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Vamps7652

Vamps7652 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you both so much for your kindness. It’s a little bit tough to describe how I truly feel as I’m just now getting to terms with it. I’ve felt trapped in a sense. For the past year or so I’ve struggled with self image. When I looked at the person in the mirror, I didn’t like who I saw. That’s still a problem for me today. But over the past week on Thanksgiving it got to be even stronger. Spending time around family made me feel like I was presenting an image of myself that I wasn’t on the inside. I don’t know what difference it makes but It’s always been the masculinity aspect of my body I don’t like. I admire females (if that makes sense) and wish males could do a lot of things they do. Sometimes I feel like my body and my brain were mismatched. Like they don’t belong together. I don’t really know what to call this and don’t know much about this community as it has been shunned due to religious reasons by my church and people at home. But this is my attempt to reach out for help. I just want to finally feel like me.
    It’s pretty difficult to describe to tell you the truth. I just don’t feel right in my body if that’s something you could understand.
    its difficult to put into words. I’d say that over the past year I’ve struggled with not liking who I was and not feeling comfortable in my body. I don’t like what I see. As of late I’ve realized more and more from signs and Thoughts that I don’t feel like a boy a lot of the time. I feel upset and unwell looking at me sometimes because my body doesn’t match my head. Unfor

5. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,140 / 0 / -0
    I understand and sympathise with the difficulty of describing your feelings. The reason I ask is that there's a world of difference between "I'm not everything I think a man should be" and "I'm not a man". One is about societal roles and another is about gender identity. On the same vein there's even a bigger difference between "I'm not a man" and "I'm a woman". While the second places you comfortably within the better well known definition of the transgender label, the former just throws you into the black hole that is non-binary (and if so, welcome to the club :p  It's fun in here).

Either way no need to rush into labels; eventually you will find the right ones for you.

6. Vamps7652

Vamps7652 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So. Having these feelings. (Not feeling as though I’m a boy or male) is ok? It’s just difficult to comprehend. All my life I’ve been told. This is wrong. And I don’t know what’s wrong or isn’t.

• List
  7. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,140 / 0 / -0
    Oh my sweet friend, yes, it's ok! Not only that but it's wonderful. You're you and that's all that matter. The only thing that is always wrong is to deny yourself of your true self.
    Being you, whether that is man, woman or otherwise...straight, gay, bi, pan, asexual or anything else...all of that is "right" because it's who you are.
    There's only one person who can tell you who you are, and i hope you know who that person is. Everything else is just noise.

8. Vamps7652

Vamps7652 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    That’s a huge relief off of my shoulders! I had no idea that that was even normal or good at all. Helps me relax a lot. I don’t really have any idea who I am. But hopefully with some help and advice I can figure out eventually. I just want to be happy. And I’m looking forward to getting on that road no matter what it looks like at this point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,140 / 0 / -0
    So glad to hear that. Don't rush...enjoy the feeling of relief. Later you can continue your journey of self-discovery. For now just know that you are hear, respected and loved and you'll never be made to feel excluded or different in here :) 

10. Vamps7652

Vamps7652 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. That means the world to me. It’s been forever since I’ve felt accepted for who I am without a filter or mask. So I guess that kinda concludes my introduction here. Not quite sure who I am. But ready and excited to be in a community that accepts me. If anybody wants to be friends or however that works. Plz reach out. I’d love to meet new people and build a circle of people to get to know.

11. Alsthom
    Sarcastic

Alsthom Princess Chick Pea

Ratings:
    +708 / 0 / -1
    Hi Vamps7652 and welcome home!
    Whoever you are, it's okay! Diversity is what makes the world beautiful.
    I'm a transgender woman, so if you want to talk about your feelings, I may be able to relate to some of them. Feel free to contact me or ask any question in a thread. We'll be glad to help you figure out where you land on the spectrum of identity.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. mike300

mike300 Active Veteran
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +433 / 1 / -4
  13. Vamps7652

Vamps7652 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi to you as well

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.