1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Help

Discussion in 'Agender/Non-Binary/Fluid' started by Sox, Dec 31, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Sox

Sox Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I’ve posted in other sections before but this one is a first. I’ve questioned my gender before thinking i was transgender MTF but I found that wasn’t me. Then I thought I was demiboy, but that doesn’t feel like me either. I’ve been wondering if I’m non-binary or gender fluid. I’m a feminine and masculine and hate having to go into the masculine role. But at the same time I don’t want to be in the feminine role. I’ve thought about using they/them pronouns but I’m not sure how my mum is going to act and how my grandpartens will act as I live with them. My name doesn’t bother me but after looking into it the pronouns partly do, I may change my name or shorten it in the future. But am I gender fluid or non-binary?

2. Bornunderabadsign
    Joyful

Bornunderabadsign Enby on the loose!
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,680 / 0 / -1
    If your gender is constantly the same you are probably non-binary. If it changes a bit you could be gender fluid.

3. Sox

Sox Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I just feel like me. I’m like a mixture but not a mixture. I do feel like I’m constantly one thing , but I’m never sure what it is.

4. Bornunderabadsign
    Joyful

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,680 / 0 / -1
    Sounds like you are some variation of non-binary. If you want a more specific lable you just have to keep trying them out to find what fits. Be you and be happy.

5. Sox

Sox Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I’m happy for the moment in being non-binary. It just makes this all feel better knowing that there is a name for who I am. Actually reading it makes me feel a lot better and lot more nervous in asking people for acknowledgment and pronoun changes. What should my next step be do you think?

6. Bornunderabadsign
    Joyful

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,680 / 0 / -1
    Just take it slow and build up your support network. If you feel like your family will at least consider it talk to them about how you feel. Surround yourself with friends who support you. Play around with clothing and ways to present yourself. Find out who you are and have as much fun as you can.

7. Sox

Sox Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Clothing wise and body wise I’m fine with that it’s a lot more social and what people call me. But clothes that would work for both women and men I’d be fine to try. it’s just like I feel I’m not me and people aren’t talking about me when they say he or him or when they see me as a man. I’ve always preferred being in a group or working with people I get along with no matter there gender. But I hated being forced into the boys group or into activities that are for guys.
    I’m not a guy but I don’t feel like a woman so non-binary sounds right

8. Fuzzlez

Fuzzlez Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    "I'm just me" sounds like possibly agender (no gender, or gender neutral), but you yourself will know for sure. I'm agender but often lean masculine in habits and personality though I'm AFAB. Some days I can even feel girly, but mostly I feel neutral.

FYI you don't *have* to have a gender. Choosing "None of the above" is always a valid option.

#8 Fuzzlez, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  9. Sox

Sox Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I just told my mum that i would like to go by they/them pronouns to see what it feels like. However once i said it, it didn’t feel right and i knew I didn’t like they/them and preferred he/ him pronouns. How do i tell her that i want to go back to he/him less than a day after telling her the opposite?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 13, 2021 ---
    FYI I’m not going back in the closet i just know myself better and i know i like he/him pronouns. But how do i tell her less than 24 hours later

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.