1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Help With This Forum - All welcome

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by PaxAeon, Jul 26, 2017.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 365 days old.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. PaxAeon

PaxAeon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    `
    Need help getting around on LGBT Chat & Forums? You've come to the right place. All are welcome to participate.

2. PaxAeon

PaxAeon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How to use our chat function.

First, a word of caution - The only way I access this site is from my PC (desktop and laptop) so everything may not appear the way I show it. When it comes to mobile apps, I have no idea. Call me out of date but for security reasons, I never use my phone to directly access the internet. I'm no techno wizard and am unsure as to what kind of chat this is or any mobile apps that you can access it. I just know how to use a few functions.

The chat application here is one of the most underutilized features here. Yes, you can set up your own chatroom(s) and make them public or private so they are accessible only by invitation or knowing the password. The controls are very simple, nothing fancy at all. Text communication only.

Now, for starters, where is this chat function located. On "im1" below, I show an image of where it's located on my page, as indicated by the red arrow. It may look different for you.
    `
    `

[​IMG]
    `
    `

Once you located this icon, left click it and a small will pop up. See "im2" below. In that image you'll see a red circle around another icon. Left click that to access the chat area.
    `
    `

[​IMG]
    `
    `

You should see an image "im3" of the rooms available, including my room which I'll get back to later. If you don't see anything you like you can create your own chatroom, by clicking on the option I have boxed in with red. A pop-down menu will appear giving you three options;

Public room
    Password-protected room
    Invitation only room​
    `
    `

[​IMG]
    These are self explanatory. A public room is of course public, everyone can see it and use it. The other two are private by invitation or password. Once you choose what you want, follow the prompts. The rooms will stay if you leave. If you chose, you can also delete the room or add minor changes.

I set my room up mainly as a test. The password is "qqq." Anyways, now your set. Any questions?

3. Thief King Bakura
    Zorro

Thief King Bakura I'm CROSSING THE LINE
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,256 / 0 / -6
    Wow...this is an incredible introductory thread Pax! Kudos to you for making this. And even I learned something new, I don't use the chat function much so I didn't know you could create chat rooms. Good to know. This is fantastic. :D 
    [​IMG]

4. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,007 / 0 / -40
    Hey, I've been wondering where this was. I knew I'd seen a description of how to use the chat function here. Too bad all the images got cacked. Maybe somebody who knows how to get screen shots into posts can fix this one, or remake the post (as a thread, so people can tell from the title what it is?). Hint, hint.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 365 days old.