1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Carla Neves

Carla Neves Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I'm new to the forum, actually never used one and had second thoughts about it but I need someone to talk too.
    My 15 year old son told me he's Bi, I always new he was diferente do it wasn't that much of a shock... The problem is that we live in Portugal in a small village, and my grandmother is 82 years old and lives in the ice age... She thinks everything has to be her way because long time ago things weren't like that...
    She's a very complicated person and my mother is also...
    So we haven't told them yet...
    The problem is that now my son decided that he wants to walk around with long nails and paint them... You can imagine the fuss when he went to my grandmothers house...
    He wanted to do an ear piercing and she almost killed us and now she's not to happy either... The problem is if a try saying anything to my son he just gets mad and yells...
    What do I do?
    Any advice?

Enviado do meu ELE-L29 através do Tapatalk

2. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,747 / 2 / -1
    I know this is hard to hear but your first job is to protect and attend to you child.

Your mother and grandmother have grown up and there is nothing about your child they need protection from.

I understand how hard it can be but if you love your child, you will show them the love and support they need to see from you.

Could this make Xmas dinner a bit harsh - Yes, but your child will feel the love they need to grow.

Sorry for being blunt and hope I have not hurt your feelings - Jo

PS - welcome to a safe and wonderful site, full of wonderful people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.