1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Help me accept myself

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Conversegirl200, Jun 1, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Conversegirl200

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello x
    I need some help, I’m 20 year old woman.

I’m bisexual, the only ever girl I’ve loved was my best friend, she was a close family friend and she couldn’t accept the bisexual and that I wasn’t ready to come out.

Last I heard she’d walked out of her family and lived with her partner.

Now I’m out at work to all my friends and loving life, cracking jokes and saying I’ll tell my mum 5 mins before my wedding.. lol “ bi the way”

My mum drops hints all the time cause I am really tomboy, hate the word ‘butch’ and I have lots of gay friends. But I can’t confirm her suspicions. Other members of family homophobic # feeling really lonely

2. Pandeya
    Caffeine Fix

Pandeya Ouroboros
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +616 / 0 / -0
    Hi there Conversegirl,

Firstly, welcome to the site! I'm pretty new myself and can definitely say that this place is full of a lot of kind and interesting people who are happy to listen and engage if you jump on in and strike up a chat. =)

This must be such a horrible situation for you! I'm really sorry to hear this. I know all too well how hard loneliness can be, I didn't really have a proper relationship until my mid-twenties; the sense of disconnection, isolation, and sadness can just permeate everything around you and suck the joy out from everything. I know right now things must seem and feel like you're just pushing a monstrous stone up a hill without reprieve, but these feelings and your situation won't last forever.

You've mentioned that you're out at work and with your friends - great! That's fantastic! Hold onto those people in your life that bring out the best in you and treat you with respect; those are the people who'll get you through anything that gets thrown at you.

It can be really hard to do, but if you're feeling really burnt down by your situation, do your best to double down on the self-care, look after your mental and physical well being as best you can, it will make a world of difference in the long-run.

I hope this finds you in better spirits today, but if not, feel free to send me a pm and we can talk things through or just yarn about random stuff as well =)

Stay safe and be well Conversegirl <3

#2 Pandeya, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  3. Kasey Fraser

Kasey Fraser Kasey ❤️❤️
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So is your mum okay with it?

4. Wild Violet
    Adorable

Wild Violet Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Don't come out to your mum. It's not worth it to lose her love.

5. Shannyface
    Festive

Shannyface Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    If anyone says you are bad for feeling this way or being a certain way sexually, it isn't you that is in the wrong but them. If they have a problem with who you then its their problem to deal with not you.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.