1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Hello, new member here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 1bookfish, Jun 29, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. 1bookfish
    Question

1bookfish Bisexual Disaster
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi! This is just my introductory thread, idk what I'm doing lol

I'm Rachel, 23, she/her and I currently identify as biromantic gray-ace (tbh my relationship with sex is complicated, so I'm most comfortable identifying as gray-ace for the time being)

I'm currently questioning my gender identity (after some research and soul-searching I'm considering the possibility of being girlflux? But I know that's kind of a lesser-known identity, so I'm considering just saying I'm genderfluid, more specifically girlflux) and whether or not I'm polyamorous! Because of my questioning state, I'll likely post a thread or two asking for insight and advice

I'm also (sort of?) a writer and am currently working on 2 original projects, both of which are quite gay :p  if you wanna know more info on that, you can find it on my writing twitter, "CONTACT INFO REMOVED". I also sometimes write fanfiction, which you can find on AO3, which is also under the name "CONTACT INFO REMOVED"

Other than that, uhhhhh idk here's a bunch of random specific stuff that isn't LGBTQIA+ related, because again, I don't know what I'm doing (feel free to just... not read this lol) :
    • I'm someone who spends a lot of time online, mostly between tumblr, youtube, and twitter
    • I'm a huge fan of personality systems (though I don't believe them to be scientific besides the Big Five, but I think they're fun. For your information, I'm an INFP and my enneagram tritype is 946. If you're a huge enneagram nerd, the breakdown of my tritype is: 9w1-4w3-p6w5 sp/sx... jesus, what a mouthful)
    • I'm currently studying Psychology, but I'm not 100% sure I want to pursue a career in the field. I'm just focusing on finishing my two-year degree for now
    • I'm not currently in any D&D campaigns, but I'm a fan and my favourite class is Bard
    • I'm a cartoon enthusiast
    • I'm still crying over the catradora kiss (She-Ra 2018, for anyone unfamiliar with it)
    • I've always loved music and always will love it
    • I spend way too much time in my Animal Crossing: New Horizons town (I named it "Gem Shores")
    • My favourite colour is blue because I love all shades of blue
    • You can probably tell by my spelling that I'm Canadian
    • I love animals and want to raise a kitten and a puppy together someday, though I'm not too sure I'll be able to do that
    • I'm a hopeless romantic
    • My favourite book series is Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (I don't care if it's meant for preteens and/or teens, I Like It)
    • I love stuffed animals
    • My favourite Pokemon types are Psychic and Fairy
    • As you can tell, I ramble on a LOT, but that's just in online spaces. In real life, I'm very quiet and reserved

... I think I've gone on long enough xD

I'm not sure how often I'll post here, but it's nice to join! I've been wanting to find a good LGBTQIA+ forum for a while now ;v;

Moderator Edit: Removed off site contact info as per forum Terms of Service.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 1bookfish, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2020
  2. buzzzer

buzzzer Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I hope you're not going to give us a pop-quiz later on all that information...just kidding. Welcome. I'm a newbie here myself.

3. 1bookfish
    Question

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Haha no worries, I won't be testing people :p  just wanted to allow people to get an idea of who I am I guess

4. Starburst
    Tired

Starburst Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Welcome =) I hope you'll find the answers to some of your questions whilst you're here. This really is an amazing community to be a part of and everyone is very kind and understanding. I've received a lot of help here before and it helped me to better understand myself.

You sound like a very creative person. Have you thought about publishing your writing? I'm also a huge fan of music as well. What's your favourite type of music? I also love the colour blue =)

Enjoy your time here.

5. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,082 / 2 / -1
    This is a wonderful place with many wonderful people.

We listen and do not judge.

Searching your soul and accepting who you are is not an easy or fast event but once you come to terms with who you are and realized it may change, your soul will simile with you.

May you find your road full of peace - Jo

6. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Funk Pirate The poly, naughty bi-trans futa ^^ happy to chat
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +914 / 0 / -0
    Hi 1bookfish and welcome to the forum ^^

There are a lot of people here happy to discuss any issues you may be having as we have all gone through confusing times at some point or another. I my self am Polyamorous, so happy to discuss or help out if you start a thread later.

Writing is quite kool ^^ and always happy to know what people write about :D 

Its also very kool to have another Roleplayer on the site, even if your not playing at the current time. Bards are awesome, I have a Bard/Sorceress among my many characters, and I kind of flutter between classes, just depends on how I feel and how the character flows ^^

I love animated shows, both Western and Eastern, but never had the chance to see the new She-Ra (it not something my bf is interested in :/ ) but loved the last Thunder Cats and He-Man remakes (not the very weird new Thundercats!? The more 'Anime' style one).

What kind of music are you into?

Any Animal Crossing can be like a time vacuum xD they are very good games, though I must admit ive not tried this latest one.

Blue is a solid colour choice ^^ I also love blue, but I seem to connect with Green quite a bit and for some reason I really want a yellow car xD

Good Pokemon type choices ^^ I like Fire myself, but I am an old school Charizard/Charmander fan, as well as Vulpix (I love Foxes ^^ and that also means Eevee :D  )

Sorry I didn't get a reply to all your bullet points ^^ I just picked a few :D 

I hope you enjoy being here in the forum and that we see some more of your writing soon ^^

~Fiona.

Also I had to edit your post a bit and please when you get a chance, don't forget to look over the rules: https://lgbtchat.net/threads/forum-guidelines-terms-of-service.50856/

7. Takusprite
    Feminine

Takusprite Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Hi Rachel, welcome! You totally can raise a kitten and a puppy together! I have 2 rescued cats (one is adopted and the other I had to catch before a rainy season), as well as a golden retriever who thinks she rules the house (even though she's the youngest, but she's the biggest). It's funny when dogs start to adopt cat mannerisms.

And I loved the ending to She-Ra too!!! (I won't post any spoilers though.) ((I don't know how to tag other posters, but...))
    Funk Pirate: it's too bad that your bf doesn't want to watch it with you, but maybe you could watch it with a girl friend or on your own? It's a lot of fun to watch, and there's tons of representation throughout the show.

Anyway, Rachel, welcome and have fun here!

8. 1bookfish
    Question

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Starburst thank you for your kind words!! I hope I can get some good insight on here, it seems like a lovely community to get some good information ^^

At the moment I'm leaning toward self-publishing, since I don't like the idea of publishers pressuring me into writing more for a story that I personally think is complete. My main projects are stand-alone, and I'd like to keep it that way, at least for the time being. I don't have enough ideas to do writing as a career either, so I don't think signing with a publisher would be a great idea lol

As for music, I'm not huge on defining my music taste with genres. I'm more of a person who, if I like a song/artist, I just like that particular song/artist. I do have a few patterns in the music I like, though. I tend to like pop and punk the most ;v; some of my favourite artists are A Day To Remember, Marianas Trench, Linkin Park, Bring Me The Horizon, Lights, and (a group I more recently discovered and liked) Mother Mother, though there's a lot more!!

Thank you again for the kind words, I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here a lot!!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2020 ---
    Jo A thank you for your kind words!! I'm looking forward to finally finding peace with myself and knowing fully who I am ;v; I look forward to my time here!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #8 1bookfish, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  9. 1bookfish
    Question

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Funk Pirate thank you!! I hope to find the help and insight I need to figure myself out here completely ;v;

Thank you for all the kind words, it's okay that you didn't respond to everything!! There was a lot and I honestly didn't expect any response like that lol

Oh, you've multiclassed a bard and sorceress character? That sounds like a really interesting combination o: we had someone playing a sorceress in one of our games, it seemed like a fun class! I can't imagine what it'd be like to add being a bard on top of that o:

Oh, no!! I'm sorry you haven't had the chance to watch it, if you want to you should definitely give it a go if/when you get the chance!!

In terms of music, I'm into all sorts of genres (I don't judge by genres overall tbh, I just listen to whatever I enjoy!) but I typically lean toward pop and punk genres! some of my favourite artists are A Day To Remember, Marianas Trench, Linkin Park, Bring Me The Horizon, Lights, and Mother Mother (who I only started listening to recently), but there's a lot more :p 

Oh yeah, Fire types can be really fun!! The first game I played was Pokemon Crystal (a long time after it released though) and I picked Cyndaquil, it's been one of my favourite pokemon lines since ;v; I also like Vulpix, especially Alolan Vulpix!! I haven't used it much though. I'm a HUGE fan of eeveelutions though, they're some of my favourite pokemon in the games!!

Also, I'm sorry about violating one of the rules!! I wasn't sure if mentioning my other social media accounts would count as violating the rules or not, [EDIT (clarification's sake) : just because I wasn't posting to other chat sites, I was a little confused!] but I'll definitely remember that for the future!!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here!!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2020 ---
    Takusprite hi, thanks for the warm welcome!! It's good to know you can raise a cat and puppy together o: I was kind of nervous about the idea tbh just because of the hunting instinct of some dogs, but it's good to know it can be manageable!!

Oh my god yes, the new She-Ra was SO good, as a writer myself I really admire the writing on the show ;v; it's excellently done!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #9 1bookfish, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  10. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Funk Pirate The poly, naughty bi-trans futa ^^ happy to chat
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +914 / 0 / -0
    Your welcome ^^

Yeah multi-classing can produce some fun results, my rogue/sorcerer is a great character (and a Gay Teifling too ^^), he once cast deafness/blindness twice on a bad guy (once for each affect) then danced with him before spinning him of a ledge to his death, also due to being both blind and deaf the villain just would have had that falling sensation then blap! (we were playing as a mostly good group of thieves in a thieves guild)

If She-Ra is on Netflix (which I think it is?) then I just need to download a copy to my tablet/phone then watch alone ^^

That seems like an interesting selection of music? Though tbh ive only heard of Linkin Park, which I love :D  just a shame about Chester :( 

Yep Eevee I think tends to catch a lot of us in the community tbh as Eevee represents a lot of change etc. Ive not had/used a Alolan Vulpix, but they do look very cute in all white ^^ just like arctic foxes :D 

That's ok, no big worries. Not every new member will know the forum rules etc, so that's why we try to add a link in a welcoming message :D 

Again you are welcome ^^ and I am sure you will :D 

~Fiona.

11. BisexualGirl14❤

BisexualGirl14❤ Bisexual Isn't Indecisive
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Very nice to meet you! I'm Jada, I'm bisexual and I'm 14. It's great to meet you. You seem like an amazing person! I have a lot of the same interests you do too! I named my island on Animal Crossing: Aincrad.
    It's named after the tower in an anime called SAO, aka, Sword Art Online.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.