1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Hello from Lora

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lora22, Feb 13, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Lora22
    Suicidal

Lora22 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. My name is Lora, it is nice to meet you.

I’ve joined up here because I’m going through a really bad time at the moment which is effecting me really badly. I’m confused and a lot of the time think I’m just totally insane! But before I condemn myself I wanted to come here and see if I can find some answers which might help me settle down a bit. Currently my head is all over the place and I’m struggling with not only my head but also my emotions and attractions to others, especially other women and thats so hard to deal with. It’s making it really hard for me to live with and there’s a huge amount of shame thats eating away at me all the time. It’s awful. I can’t focus on work. I can’t focus at home. I’m not happy. I’m upset, confused and feeling depressed all at the same time ... which isn’t helping my mental problems at all.

I cant talk to anyone I know about this because I’m scared they wouldn’t understand. My mum definitely would not! She hates anyone who isn’t what most of the world regards as normal. I have very few friends and the friends I do have are all female one of which I do find very attractive. So talking to them isn’t possible either unfortunately. Ive never really found men attractive. Ive tried so many times but to me a man is just a man and I dont feel anything when I see one. I feel ashamed and wrong for being this way and I dont know what to do about it.

Every time I try to embrace myself a little voice inside my head tells me Im sick and wrong. I feel totally worthless right now.

Anyway rant over. Sorry. Nice meeting you.

2. Nan
    Asleep

Nan Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    First of all, welcome and hopefully u will feel safe in here.
    second.. don't be like that. Don't ever think that u're sick and wrong, bcs u're not.

I think u just need some time to figure out about urself (about ur mind, emotions, etc) then start talking with the person u trust the most^^

3. Lora22
    Suicidal

Lora22 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello. Thank you for the welcome and for being so understanding.

I think I need to take some time out as well and just clam down. Look at myself and work everything out. I don't know who I could trust really but I guess I don't need to rush either so I'll just take my time whilst I work everything out.

Thank you for the support :) 

4. bi-fi signal
    Happy

bi-fi signal *bi intensifies*
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    hey lora, nice to meet you too and welcome to the family!

i'm sorry that you're going through this situation rn. there is no need to feel ashamed or worthless, and there's nothing wrong with not being attracted to men. don't listen to that little voice in your head. that little voice is a "rule" that's been instilled in you by society that says that being queer is wrong, and it just isn't true. you are valid, you are loved, and you are worth so much.

everyone here is v loving, supporting, and understanding, so dw, you always have ppl to talk to here :) 

sending a hug :) 

5. Lora22
    Suicidal

Lora22 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much. It's really lovely to be here around so many kind and supportive people.

Thank you for your kind words. It made me cry a little. I know you're right. I just listen to the voice too much and it sort of rules my whole life. I want to be myself and be happy but I'm going through a break down and everyone around me is so negative and dont accept people like me. If they knew what I was really like they would disown me for sure.

I'm glad I'm here though. I've already met some really nice people and it's a comfort to know I'm not in this alone.

Sending you a hug back :)  Thank you again.

6. bi-fi signal
    Happy

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    yw, aw i didn't mean to make you cry lol. and this is a bit hypocritical of me to say but take the lead ! don't let the voice be in charge. politely tell the voice "bitch get tf out"

you don't know that for sure, you never know there just might be some ppl u know who would accept u.

i don't think i'm that great when it comes to comforting ppl but hang in there :) 

7. Lora22
    Suicidal

Lora22 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It's not your fault. I'm just a bit emotional at the moment. Sorry about that.

There's my eldest sister. She's since moved out but we're still pretty close. I'm not sure how she would react as she's never discussed such things with me. We have a great bond though so if I told anyone it would likely be her.

Well you've given me lots of comfort and made me feel happier than I was earlier so thank you :) 

8. bi-fi signal
    Happy

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    yw, glad i was able to comfort u :) 

that's good, hopefully she'll be supportive if u tell her

9. Lora22
    Suicidal

Lora22 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You were very supportive. Thanks so much :) 

I hope she will. I think so, just a little nervous in case she isn't. But I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.

10. Nan
    Asleep

Nan Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    that's the spirit.. I believe u will be fine and find some ppl u can trust XD
    Take ur time and enjoy ur life^^

11. mike300

mike300 Active Veteran
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +477 / 1 / -6
    welcome lora!

12. Lora22
    Suicidal

Lora22 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :)  . I'm trying and today has been an ok day so far so long may that continue.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 15, 2020 ---
    Thank you so much! :) 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.