1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Hello, family!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by psy.eclipse, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:15 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. psy.eclipse

psy.eclipse Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone. I decided to join this community because I am sitting here in a tiny country in Eastern Europe - and the LGBT community is very small and not very diverse... I am 27, and I have always identified as bisexual and androgynous. That's really the way I've always presented myself, and the only way I could ever accurately describe my identity and relationship with my body (with dysphoria and everything)... After different terms gained popularity (non-binary and genderqueer), but they didn't "stick", so I stayed with androgynous.

I don't know if I would consider myself "out" or "in" the closet... Right now I have been single for quite a while, but all of my friends know that I am bisexual. So the topic doesn't come up that much anyway when there are no relationships going on. As for my gender identity, my gender expression is very androgynous. However, the local language here is completely gendered - so there is absolutely no possible way to get around this. We don't even have "neutral" names in documents, they simply do not allow such names. So there's really no point in trying to change the way people speak to me, when there is really no good solution.

More things about me... Well, I am into the local rave scene right now. So, obviously, there's tons of freedom for self-expression. People love to go wild. I've previously played in several jazz ensembles, also did avant-garde music projects. Right now I am experimenting with photography and trying to apply my music skills into production. Not sure where it will go, but I'd love to do a visual installation or a video!

Would love to meet all sorts of people from all colors of the rainbow! I love to chat, I love to write, and I love to find out all sorts of wonderful, random things about the world around us. Peace!

2. Sarah.love864

Sarah.love864 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey! Welcome to the family!! I’m Queer and I’m kinda semi out I guess I’m out to my friends and partner but not my family! I just wanted to let you know that you are in no way alone and if you need you can always message me if you need a buddy! But love and support is what these forums are here for!! I hope this warm welcome brightens your day a bit!

3. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 Geriatric Hippy
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -1
    I can understand why you may not want to reveal your location but ‘Eastern Europe’ covers a multitude of sins. For instance, the organised homophobia in Poland today is disastrous.

I’m interested in what you may think of some of the music clips that appear on this site.
    From my perspective many of today’s video clips go with really bad music and crappy sonics yet some contain brilliant music but are ruined by nasty visuals, some of them bad enough to induce an epileptic fit. I’m super fussy though having a background in classical music as an organist. It’s taken me decades to get into anything like acid rock. I started widening my tastes with the blues, moved onto psychedelia (I'm a geriatric hippy), jazz, Joni Mitchell etc. Now the only music I can’t handle is synthetic bubble-gum pop, rap, punk and a lot of meaningless, pretentious contemporary classical stuff. OH, and Dixieland Jazz - - ERK! I’m often called, ‘ a music snob'

It’s interesting what you say about gendered language terms. I’ve never understood for instance how the French can refer to inanimate objects such as a pen or a house as having a gender.

As to different terms for a range of gender expressions I find it difficult to get my head around a lot used today. Gets me in trouble with the politically ‘correct’. I like ‘androgynous’ as it’s been around for a very long time. I try not to use LGBTI etc which also gets me in trouble when I refer to myself as ‘queer’.

For an Eastern European your English is very impressive so I look forward to some of your opinions on music clips posted here.

Anyhow, welcome to the ‘family’.

#3 john1010101, Mar 30, 2020 at 8:23 PM
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 at 2:01 AM
  4. ché

ché Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi! My name is Ché I'm from Australia and I'm bi/pan/queer and am fully out (or as out as a bi person can be since u always get considered a lesbian or straight rip) and rlly relate w what u have to say about coming out/being out or not. I always feel like I'm constantly having to come out lol. I rlly feel for you that theirs no gender neutral words in your language. sending lots of love always here for you :) ))

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.