1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Have anyone tried Preply to learn a language?

Discussion in 'College/University' started by Whynot, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:45 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0 / -10
    I need to learn the basics about a language and I found this app. Have anyone tried it before?

2. Tears
    Dead

Tears Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I'd recommend - as from own experience, at least for languages using alphabet, to dismiss apps and try to meet some people speaking that language and let the flow, step by step, learn the basics ;)  You may think, but "how do i meet locals?" One option is of course make a trip to choosen country of language origin. But of course not always possible, especially during covid. But than find some i.e. shops where often such community meets. Especially African community changes such places from simple sales points to living spots.

Sorry that I can't say anything about the app (huh, maybe add the name?) but i never belived it would work for me. Of course I'd learn something but definitely not much. At least i think so xD

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.