1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual Has Anyone Else Had Awkward "Coming Out" Experiences?

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by unicorndice, Jun 23, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. unicorndice
    No Mood

unicorndice Helpful Member
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I've luckily only had a couple of bad coming out experiences, but I've had plenty of awkward ones. However, this might be due to the fact I've only told my immediate family and a few friends.
    I came out to my dad when I was fairly young (around thirteen or so). We were sitting in the living room and watching TV together. I asked how how he would feel if I dated girls in the future. There was a long pause before he finally answered that he wouldn't care. I came out to him as liking girls (I didn't put a label on it but I told him I had a girlfriend). There's another long silence before he finally says, "Okay." I waited for him to say something else but there was more awkward silence and tension in the room. I walked away after a couple of minutes and left the room. We never acknowledged that conversation happened for years and anytime I would date a girl he refused to call her my girlfriend or acknowledge her as such. (He has just now acknowledged my attraction to women last year and accepted the fact I date them :D  )
    There was also a smaller experience where I came out to a friend and she began to act awkwardly around me. She would be more touchy feely than she had been before and try to push my boundaries. (She also outed me to another friend whom I was not ready to come out to.) Bonus: Every conversation I had with her she HAD to bring up something about me being "gay" or "how gay I was."

2. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 2 / -1
    Sorry about you father and you friend does not sound like a friend.

Proud of and for you. Keep being you - Jo

3. unicorndice
    No Mood

unicorndice Helpful Member
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jo. :)  Everything is okay now and I'm surrounded by mostly supportive people (or at least the people that matter in my life are supportive). My father is accepting now and I'm no longer friends with that "friend."

4. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 2 / -1
    I am happy for you

5. sweetnsuckulent

sweetnsuckulent Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Coming out... I sorta came out in 1994 when told father, gram, aunt, wife, kids, best friends wife. However, only wife and her two kids believed me. Went into detail. Best friend n wife laughed at me. Any way, have continued life style.
    Just recently meaning June 27th 2020 again I came out to a really good female friend who was positive would take seriously. Frances did not, matter a fact she laughed is no way Jimi came out. Want me prove it??? Yes we do.

Gilbert who lives two doors down was asked to come out with pipes. He does and asks if can hit. Meanwhile I proceed to get larger ligter and light.
    Aunt Jo and Jim come out and ask what go on. nothing, They back sleep. Gram goes home. Next morning Aunt jo finds package. Dropped last night. Gram says you won't wear. I my self say doesn't really matter cause soon will feel electical pulses race through body.
    JUST a FYI..... Just realized I am Pansexual NOT bisexual. How so, males, females and transsexuals are all able to cause orgasmic reaction within me.

#5 sweetnsuckulent, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:15 AM
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 4:21 AM

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.