1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! I accidently outed myself in public FUUUUUUCK!!!!

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Mask Man John, Feb 11, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Mask Man John
    Creative

Mask Man John Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Where do I fucking begin? I went out ice skating tonight. During the intermission when the Zamboni cleans the ice I ended up sitting between a few kids and this Eminem looking guy. Any way this Eminem-esque guy drags me into the conversation. Told me his name was Josh, I told him my name. Well after the break I we went back on the ice. Since I'm new to skating I make these arm movements to keep myself balanced. About 5 laps in, Josh called me over.

He was asking if my "ninja moves" as he called it helped me skate. I tried to explain it I almost swung my arm into a girl. Josh was like

"Dude, you nearly knocked a girl down"

and I was like "huh? oh, sorry" (I don't really show a lot of emotion. I pretty deadpan most of the time).

Any way Josh was like "Dude! That's no way to pick up chicks"

and I went "Eh, not really attracted to them".

He was like "No? You attracted to guys?"

and I was like "huh? yeah".

Well Josh went "Woah!" and skated away.

Realizing what I just did, I furiously skated three more laps and left the rink.

UUUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!! I can't believe a told a guy my name and outed myself! UGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!

2. Yami Bakura
    Frustrated

Yami Bakura ♚King of Thieves♚
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,809 / 0 / -5
    Honestly bro, don't beat yourself up too much about it. Shit happens. I know it was a terrifying experience. Best I can tell you is not to let it get you down too bad. In my opinion, it was that dude's loss, not yours. You were just living your truth, even if the end result wasn't what you expected.

Unfortunately, sometimes in life there are people who act like total gits. That isn't your fault. You just keep doing what your doing and be yourself. I'm really sorry that you had a bad experience though. Just remember, a bad experience isn't the end of the world, although in the moment it can seem like it, I know from experience. Needless to say, tomorrow will be better and hopefully your next experience skating will be better. Hope this helped some. You're not alone.

~Bakura

3. Sir A.G
    Artistic

Sir A.G Transgender Guy
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,712 / 1 / -5
    Just imagining the voices in my head is funny. I imagine Josh as having some sort of surfer hippy voice all like "whoaaah bro" lmao idk. Anyways stuff happens, it's the past don't worry about it too much. At least it wasn't a terrible reaction, he sounded pretty neutral about it (from the text anyways).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,851 / 1 / -28
    Relax -- he's already forgotten it happened. Still, I think your "slip" means that you'd really like somebody else to know. Closets are dark and lonely places.

5. DinoMom
    Cowabunga

DinoMom Tumbling through life)
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 2 / -60
    If you said you liked pistachio ice cream he could have had the same reaction.

6. SuperMiles
    Masculine

SuperMiles Your friendly neighborhood Trans Guy: Miles :)
    Former Staff Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    awwwwww.......:/ I'm sorry that happened to you.

7. Theory Elias Nygma
    Batty

Theory Elias Nygma For there is nothing either good or bad
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +943 / 0 / -15
    Well, think of it as practice. You'll have to get used to it.
    Isn't casually coming out to strangers easier than coming out to close friends or family?

8. Haxord
    Cowabunga

Haxord Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +390 / 0 / -1
    I mean, it's not that big of deal...
    It was a stranger, you don't know him and he doesn't know you, so why bother if he knows or not?
    I think it's a great way to pratice and experience some different reactions.
    And whatever, why bother...
    I think you did great! And you should do it more often with strangers :D 

9. Rhapsody.B
    Starving

Rhapsody.B Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    *patpatpat*

If it makes your feel any better, the first time I fully realized I was queer was in front of 70 strangers who I had to work with over the coming year. The one other (openly) queer person in the room friended me on FB and life just went on afterwards.

It happens. I think you'll be okay :]

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.