1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

FtM swimwear

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by GamingAlex, Jul 9, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. GamingAlex
    Gloomy

GamingAlex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey, so I've got a camp coming up, and there might be swimming, so what should I wear? I do own a pair of swimming shorts, but I don't know what to do with my upper body. I don't own a binder, and I doubt there would be enough time for one to arrive before the camp, let alone would my mum allow me to get one. I don't want to wear girls swimwear either. What should I do?

#1 GamingAlex, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Major

Major Minka, tGirl
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Black (or very dark-colored) t-shirt? Might still need a bra (or women's top of some kind to wear underneath). Not unusual these days for people of all sexes to wear a t-shirt while swimming just for sun protection.

Just curious - may I ask if you'll be bunking with the boys or girls?

Camp sounds awesome! Have a blast!

3. BasicallyKevin
    Zorro

BasicallyKevin ♂ Transboy ♂
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Do you have tight swim bras? Maybe you can apply it twice on your chest. I sometimes do that because I am not really comfortable wearing a binder for swimming since it absorbs water and can becomes heavy then didn't work at all.

4. SwordArts

SwordArts Well-Known Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +577 / 0 / -0
    Men’s swim shorts plus a rash guard (swimming tshirt) I’ve heard works really well. I’ve bought a set for myself but haven’t yet had chance to try it.

As for alternatives to binders, I think you’re going to end up having to use a sports bra. If you’re smaller chested, a women’s swimming costume under the rash guard might work but I have no idea whether it would or not.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.