1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Lesbian Foreign Accents on Women

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Melancholia, Jul 31, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Freaky.Fiona

Freaky.Fiona Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    And much easier to understand (except maybe from more rural areas lol).

2. Chex Republic
    Adorable

Chex Republic TF, pre-op, hrt 6-9-18
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -1
    I like the way japanese women talk :) 

They’re pretty cute

3. Melancholia
    Jaded

Melancholia Ditch That Bitch
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Chex Republic I'd never thought about it before but now that you mention it yeah I see it. The chick from that horror movie The Ring. The way she spoke was pretty cute. :) 

I like Cockney. I love the play on big words, the indecipherable slang, the balls and the brash. Cockney can be quite charming. I know a lot of people hate it though lol.

I like country American accents there's something about the way they say 'chicken fried steak' that makes me smile.

I also like some Australian but not all. There's a pretty big difference in the way that Crocodile Hunter speaks compared to other Australians like the Hemsworth boys, and Cate Blanchett, and Geoffrey Rush. I guess I prefer the Aussies that sound a bit more formal when they speak. That crocodile guy was off his head lol!

Some of the regional Irish accents are quite charming. Welsh is strange but pleasing to the ear. French is nice on women. I just love them all as long as I can understand them lol.

4. Love2sleep

Love2sleep Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    As a Londoner I’ve always been drawn to the Australian accent and one too many Irish voices too!

5. Freaky.Fiona

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I quite like the London accent, too, although I guess that depends what you mean by London accent, cockney, middle class, really refined upper class, etc.? Pretty amazing how such small areas can have such significant differences in accents as exist throughout London and, really, all of the UK.

6. SixthTitan
    Balanced

SixthTitan Half Human, Half Robot
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it counts, but I can sound like a Russian woman when i want to. ;-)

7. Freaky.Fiona

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Funny and cute (maybe even sexy), I'm sure! :) 

8. Melancholia
    Jaded

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Haha the Aussies seem to be a popular theme. Russian is cool! I worked with a super posh dude from London and adored his plum in the mouth manner of speaking.

9. Love2sleep

Love2sleep Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I would say I had more of a refined London accent as I moved to a home county for university. That said, when I’m around my sister and mother the cockney slang does seem to arise

10. Freaky.Fiona

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm sure it's still more interesting than my accent. I just have a very plain Jane west coast of Canada accent (I was told our accent is so plain and the way we speak so easy to understand, that many who teach English as a second language think it's the best to use. I'm not sure how true that is, but that's what I was told! lol). So, in other words, nothing exciting or exotic: just plain.

#30 Freaky.Fiona, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:48 AM
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 11:09 AM
  11. Love2sleep

Love2sleep Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I like the Canadian accent. I would not describe it as plain! Quite sexy actually!

12. Freaky.Fiona

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I've never heard it described as sexy before! Also, there is some variation in the accents here, too (not as pronounced or as many as in the UK). Definitely different in Newfoundland (which has an almost Irish sound to it) compared to the rest of Anglo Canada (and, yes, then there are all those French Canadians closer to the middle and eastern side of the country. Definitely different when they try to speak English! lol). Here in British Columbia (and I'm on the west coast of it, about as far west as you can get- next stop: Japan) is where people have said is the plainest/least affected. Still, I'll take having a pretty girl saying my accent is sexy any day! lol

13. Melancholia
    Jaded

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    A lot of actors from British Columbia work on American TV shows. I'm guessing that neutral accent helps them to get work :) 

14. Freaky.Fiona

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Yep, a lot of movies and TV shows made here, especially around the Vancouver area. Ryan Reynolds is probably about the biggest name from here, but there are definitely others. :) 

15. Melancholia
    Jaded

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I tend to think you can often tell the difference between shows filmed in LA as opposed to BC. The lighting is different. Lots of green forest and rain in BC based shows. Very pretty and more atmospheric.

What you said before about Newfoundland. That is definitely a quirky and interesting accent. I chatted with a guy from there once and the way he said Newfoundland sounded more like 'Noofinlan' to me lol. I agree there's definitely an Irish quality to it.

16. Freaky.Fiona

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Yep, they filmed the TV show “Psych” around Vancouver and tried to pass it off as Santa Barbara, California. I’ve been to both and there’s no way one would confuse the two(if you’d been to both); far too green, signs of regular rain, and cold in the Vancouver area to be Santa Barbara!

#36 Freaky.Fiona, Aug 9, 2018 at 9:04 PM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 7:39 AM
  17. Love2sleep

Love2sleep Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Plenty of rain and not so much green beautiful scenery her in England right now. This heatwave has turned it all brown, crispy and so very dry. I think my rain dance went well last night as a huge thunderstorm came crashing in and woke me from my sleep!!

18. Melancholia
    Jaded

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Farmers are mass shooting livestock here because the animals are starving to death and there's no water. I'd rather an English heatwave than what we've got!

19. Love2sleep

Love2sleep Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Gosh that awful!!!! Makes me rather sad

20. Freaky.Fiona

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    It's been pretty hot, dry, and much of the verdant green has gone pretty yellow and brown, too. I know the rain will return in the autumn, though, it always does!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.