1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Finding gay friends

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Nice, Nov 30, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Nice

Nice Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, this is my first attempt to say that I am gay. I think nobody knows i am gay. The culture I come from doesn't allow to be gay. But since many years I am trying to find someone around me who is gay as well. But no success yet.
    How I can find reliable & trustworthy gay friends. I am scared to search online as I have heard not many good things.
    Can anyone suggest me a way to find friends?
    Thanks

2. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,446 / 1 / -32
    It depends a lot on where you live, and how careful you have to be. There are different levels of intolerance in different places, ranging from mild disapproval to murder.

There are LGBT civil rights organizations active even in places where gay sex can land you in jail, and the people active in those organization are likely to be reliable and trustworthy -- if you have the courage to be seen with them in public. You're much more likely to meet other gay men in cities than in rural areas, and you can improve your chances by getting involved in arts organizations.

Finding people online is tricky even in places that are not intolerant of gays -- and in a culture where gay relationships risk being against the law, you would have to be especially cautious. Are "dating apps" even allowed where you live?

3. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar (10+13)/2=11.5%(225)=26amps
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 1 / -3
    I promise, I wont tell anybody.. I have what I consider friends here...

4. flyboy15
    Cheeky

flyboy15 Invisible
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +337 / 0 / -0
    I agree....I live in a small town, where being gay really isnt the most popular thing to be. So, most of my friendships have come from online...groups, forums. It is possible to meet some good people....but, you still have to be careful. Anyway, welcome :) 

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.