1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Feeling unworthy

Discussion in 'Self Esteem/Self Worth' started by Fabi, Dec 14, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Fabi
    Magical

Fabi Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Hey

I have to struggle with depressions for a while now. But lately my main Problem is that I feel like I´m not worth anything. Like my existence is a punishment for the people in my life and that I don´t deserve anything. I try to think different bc somewhere inside of me, I know this is bullshit. But it´s not that easy.

Does someone here has or had the same problem?
    If yes, do you know what helps?

And I really hate myself. I don´t want to. But I do. I suck.

#1 Fabi, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  2. Lv4music
    Jaded

Lv4music Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 1 / -0
    Yes. I know what you're feeling, so do many of the people on this forum. It sucks. The depression and lack of self-esteem seems to go hand in hand with why this forum even exists. So many people on this site have spent a lot of their most important time on this earth feeling rejected or unaccepted. It does a lot of damage to our self worth and self-esteem. It sucks.
    I do my best to make myself feel better. I try to make friends on social media. ( It's a distraction,but not a solution) I try to be social as much as I can, but when you feeling like your existence Is a punishment for the people you befriend.. it's a double edged sword. I've been stuck for a long time. On my my bad days, when I need people the most, I white knuckle it. I try to avoid everyone until I feel like I can carry on a conversation without bringing anyone else down with me. It's really hard. It fucking sucks.
    I hope I'm not making it worse. I fear that a lot. I just don't want you to feel alone cuz you absolutely are not. I use music to distract me too, and Humor. Sometimes I'll just start looking up random stuff online until something catches my interest or is such a horrible thing ( like true crime stuff) that it convinces me that I'm not as bad as I think I am. I don't feel so bad about myself anymore.
    I really hope you can get out of your funk. I know it's not easy. Just keep looking for a distraction that helps. Keep looking around this site. You'll find out that you are not alone at all.
    Peace and Hugs to you my friend

3. Fabi
    Magical

Fabi Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!
    It was really helpful reading this. I feel less alone now. I try to do some of the things you said. You really didn´t make it worse. Again thank you for your kind words!

4. Lv4music
    Jaded

Lv4music Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 1 / -0
    Cool. That's makes me feel better too.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.