1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Feel Sad and Alone

Discussion in 'Health - Physical/Mental' started by JohnSFlare, Jun 24, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. JohnSFlare

JohnSFlare Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I suffer from Anxiety and Depression but lately I've just been feeling so sad and depressed basically every day and it is just getting worse and worse. My own self esteem and value continues to drop and man I keep finding suicidal thoughts popping up in my head more and more and I don't know what to do :'c I have long distance friends online who are all great but it never really helps. And lately I feel like I've been drifting away more more from them too.

2. PokemonAnime
    Question

PokemonAnime Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Hey! I'm saddened to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. If you are feeling suicidal the most important thing is to get professional help or confide in someone that can help you get the help you need. I know it may not seem like it at the moment but you are important and you will be glad in the future that you took the steps to get help. You do matter.

I know that asking for help may be really difficult and scary to do in this situation, but if you write a letter to a trusted loved one explaining how you have been feeling that may be an easier way to approach the subject and reduce some of the anxiety surrounding it.

It may be hard but please don't isolate from your friends. Isolation likely will make things much worse. It could be the isolation from the whole Covid thing that is causing your anxiety and depression to really flare up but I'm not a professional so I can't say that for certain.

I wish I could do more to help but I do want you to know that you are important and you deserve happiness. The first step can be the hardest when getting help, but I believe you will find it to be worth it. :) 

3. JohnSFlare

JohnSFlare Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestions. But no I dont find it difficult at all talking about how I'm feeling with anyone really. I'm not ashamed of my thoughts of suicide when they happen sometimes or my depression or anxiety or anything. And unfortunately it's mostly from being below poverty level and disliking who and where my mom and I live with. Also I don't isolate from my friends, not a single one lives within close enough meet lol. x3 I appreciate your support though

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.