1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Feel my psychosis is getting worse

Discussion in 'Disability' started by DrivenByHope, Nov 20, 2020 at 2:55 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. DrivenByHope
    Balanced

DrivenByHope When the eighth played his piece revealed light
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    To start off I have been diagnosed with this since I was thirteen I felt it used to be mild back then and for it I was placed on resperidone (not sure how to spell it) recently my current medication hasn't been effective.

I've been experiencing flashbacks more and more and disturbing thoughts I would rather not go into. It got pretty bad last night my neighbors were being noisy yelling and swearing probably on drugs and alcohol I got a small sharp kitchen knife I was getting very angry and getting a lot of flashbacks.

I called the police told them what was going on because I was out of credit to call anyone else and I'm restricted to my mobile monthly plan. I don't know what to do I'm on the lowest dose of aripriprazole an antipsychotic I feel if they up the dose or change my meds eventually my body will just get use to it and it will be a never ending cycle of going through meds.

2. Bornunderabadsign
    Approved

Bornunderabadsign Non-binary Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,520 / 0 / -1
    I'm on risperidone as well and it helped me but I only had mild issues with paranoid thoughts and psychosis. Mine gets worse when I'm either really depressed or when I'm really manic.

Noisy neighbors can drive anyone crazy. I have a neighbor that alternates between loud hip hop and heavy metal. It is like an every other weekend thing with him. Plus he hosts parties from time to time and it just gets loud.

I'm afraid of the same thing. I've switched between different meds so much. This time is the longest I've been on any one medication. Risperidone is one of my new ones though.

3. DrivenByHope
    Balanced

DrivenByHope When the eighth played his piece revealed light
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I'd would take notes being on resperidone I can cause unpleasant side effects for me it made me feel something was rattling in my head like a piece of skull and made me feel like raging out at everything.

4. Bornunderabadsign
    Approved

Bornunderabadsign Non-binary Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,520 / 0 / -1
    So far the only side effect I've gotten is that it has gave me a bad case of the restless leg. I have restless legs like all the time.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.