1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Fashion advice plz

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Zachariah, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:09 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Zachariah

Zachariah Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My half sisters quince is in like 1 week and instead of a father daughter dance we are doing a brother sister dance and she is wearing a pink poofy dress with glitter and crap on it and I have no clue what to wear. Can someone plsss help me with the color shirt and pants?

2. Barefoot
    Daring

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,671 / 2 / -12
    What do dads usually wear to a quince? Would it be OK for a brother to wear something similar?

3. Zachariah

Zachariah Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Usually they wear a dress shirt and pants but its always different col
    Dads wear a dress shirt and pants and yeah its fine for a brother to wear something similar but I have no clue what colors, she is wearing a pink dress with silver shoes and my other sisters are wearing the same thing but less poofy and my step mom told me that the guys outfits are up to the dads but my dad isn't around to tell us these things. Me and my brothers are sooo confused

4. Barefoot
    Daring

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,671 / 2 / -12
    Well, I know what a quince is but I've never been to or seen one. But why not think about what dads wear and wear that, or maybe something like that with some of your own ideas mixed in? I hope someone more familiar with it comes along with a better answer.

5. Queshire
    Magical

Queshire Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    You can't go wrong with white or black.

6. Molko
    Caffeine Fix

Molko You can't kill me. I'm not alive.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing this is a Quinceañera? Thats so cool, we don't really have traditions like that here. I hope you all have a great time in advance.

I personally am a sucker for subtle matching, so would suggest black or white suit with maybe a pink tie/handkerchief/waistcoat, something that compliments her dress? Maybe get a bit of silver in there perhaps with your shoes, jewellery or a pattern detail.

#6 Molko, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:27 PM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 1:30 PM

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.