1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Jay Cgn
    Supportive

Jay Cgn Slytherin
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Okay y’all, let’s jump right into it.

I had this gf until last year. And we separated on a very mean basis.
    I had two relationships after that one and couldn’t help it but comparing these relationships.

I still really miss my ex girlfriend over a year later, since we haven’t talked to each other all this time.
    Like 3 months ago, I thought about texting her, telling her I missed her. Then my best friend, who’s still in contact with her, told me how she dreamed about me telling her I missed her. Then I was too proud to text her since I didn’t wanna prove her right.

Well. I just texted her “I don’t know if you even wanna know a thing about me but I just thought about texting you.”

I’m nervous like hell, it’s 1 am here.
    I’ll keep y’all updated.

Xx

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  2. Kahlan

Kahlan Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +538 / 0 / -1
    Oh fun! I did the the same thing nearly 2 years after the fact. I'd suddenly been stricken with missing her to death, wanted to see if she was still single and maybe, well, you know...and so I sent a letter. Never heard back, and probably rightly so. The thing is, I think for me at least, that I was missing the idea of her, and was tired of being single. We didn't end on bad terms, and she was actually, well...pretty amazing in general, so it's possible that I just thought at the time, that I couldn't ever find anyone as good, ya know? But that was just fear and doubt talking, and I no longer think that's true. I hope things work out for you. :) 

3. Jay Cgn
    Supportive

Jay Cgn Slytherin
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Totally get you and, personally, I think it’s the same thing for me. Without the “being tired of being single” part since I don’t have a problem with being single. It’s just the thought of my future and that I’d like to spend it with someone who adores me as much as she did and who treats me as good as she did. Also, I know I made some major mistakes which I’d like to undo, even though I know that’s not possible. I’d just like to go back in time, I guess..

4. Kahlan

Kahlan Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +538 / 0 / -1
    We are more in the same boat there than you realize. "Tired of being single" isn't the same as not being fine with being single. I tend to like who I am more when I am single, as I'm not a blathering emotional mess. If there is an area of life that I lack confidence in, it is most definitely matters of the heart, and what that does to my brain functions, lol.

Also, oddly, like you, I was the one "at fault." I feel like I ruined a good thing, so yeah, maybe that plays into the whole wanting her back thing. My first gf did me wrong, and i never really longed for her after that, but the last time it was more about the mistakes I made. Nothing drastic, I didn't cheat on her or anything, but I took matters into my own hands and ruined things.

So anyway, if you can manage to turn back time with her, and get a second chance, it would put a smile on my face knowing that it worked out for you. :)  It worked out for me too, just in a different way, I've finally just moved on.

#4 Kahlan, Sep 14, 2019 at 9:47 AM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.