1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Do you think that butch/ tomboy women get treated like men by feminine women?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by Whynot, Feb 13, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -5
    I have always been careful when it comes to women. I noticed that women treat me like if I were a guy, like eye contact even by mistake can be interpreted as liking them, being friendly can be interpreted as flirting and I avoid physical contact even starting a hug, some of them get the wrong idea even when I hug them back, when I did not even start the hug.
    While feminine women in my life get treated normal by other feminine women, they stare, act friendly, too much physical contact more than hugging and still they don't get the wrong idea.

I am wondering if others went through similar things.

2. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,157 / 2 / -1
    I agree that some do.

They come up to you and feel the need to touch you.

It is strange.

3. SpaceVampy
    Batty

SpaceVampy Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    In my experience, yes. But most of the time it’s bicurious or straight women.

4. FTM
    Sarcastic

FTM Justin
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I know that this is an older thread, but the topic is interesting to me. I am transgender, but the best I can pass as is a tomboy. The thing is that I don't have people treating me like one of the guys to often. I would happen a bit in one of my classes, but in the others I just get treated as some girl. It is really frustrating.

5. Billie2319
    Lurking

Billie2319 Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I'm experiencing kind of the opposite. I'm not transgender, but like to wear guys clothes and keep my hair short. The other day at a gas station (in an area over run with homophobia) a guy called me sir or young man or something. This isn't the first time I've been mistaken for a man and it happens with other women and guys equally. I have no idea what makes us different, but maybe I can help you look more like a man? When I'm dressed in a more masculine way even people who know me treat me differently. One guy I know treats my sister like a wimpy girl which she absolutely hates (rightfully so cause if anyone messes with her she'll have kicked their ass before they know what's going on) while I get treated with the same respect he gives guys. It's messed up.

Any way just private message me if you want to talk about it.

6. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -5
    I get called sir and it frustrates me.
    I do the same, like my clothes are not feminine. Pants, shirts, tshirts, sweaters, sweatpants, joggers... etc
    The most times people called me sir when i am wearing sports pants and sweaters. Maybe thats why I don't know. I think above comment is true the style will affect their perception

7. FTM
    Sarcastic

FTM Justin
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    You girls are so lucky in my opinion. I know that it is a problem for you, but I wish I got talked to as a guy. Maybe try not wearing plaid or anything with vertical lines cause that stuff tends to hide curves. ideal for me, bad for you. hope this helped.

8. Billie2319
    Lurking

Billie2319 Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    It's good to know there are others out there. For a long time I thought I was the only one. It doesn't frustrate me all the time (once in a while yes) but it makes my mom nuts. When I don't correct people she like "how are they going to know you're a girl!!!" my response is usually "It doesn't matter. I'll probably never see them again." Sometimes I think she's going to be relieved when I come out as gay and not trans.

9. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -5
    I like how you look at it lol, for me I get speechless

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.