1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Asexual Do you ever get tired of explaining your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Asexual & Grey-Ace' started by Fabi, Nov 17, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Fabi
    Batty

Fabi Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hey :) 

When I tell someone that I am asexual 99% of the people don´t know what that means.
    I use dating apps and when it comes to my sexuality, I always have to explain it. I always explain it very well in my opinion but no one ever believes that I can still want to date someone. And a lot of times they get mad at me for being asexual which does not make any sense.
    I´m open about my sexuality to my friends. I´ve been for years with my bisexuality and when I found out that I am also asexual I also told them. My best friend and someone I knew from school didn´t knew that word and the meaning before and I explained it. Sometimes they ask me questions but they all accept me. (And of course I answer all of their questions as good as possible) I always had the luck that I "only" had an (at least 80%)-homophobic class for 3 years. But when I see all those people, saying that I´m just "saying that to get attention", that I "lie", I´m "prude" and "just never tried it", bc "how can someone know they don´t want it, if they never tried" it makes me so mad.
    My sexuality is real and I am honest about who I am.
    They ask questions like "But do you masturbate". We talked for not even 2 Minutes and they ask that kind of question?? Also that still has nothing to do with not wanting to sleep with someone.
    Sometimes I even wish I could just be like other people and feel those needs. But when I think of it, I instantly rather wanna put sissors into my eyes and think, "If anyone wants to do that, I rather stay single".

Damn, sorry for the rant but I don´t know anyone who´s asexual and I really wanna know if it´s just me or if you feel the same way about explaining asexuality and the reactions of others.

It´s a bit longer than I thought it would be and I am very sorry if it´s not the best english but I am sooo tired right now

Thanks for reading!

2. Bornunderabadsign
    Approved

Bornunderabadsign Non-binary Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,520 / 0 / -1
    It is difficult to explain. I'm a demisexual myself and it gets tiring trying to explain it to people.

3. Fabi
    Batty

Fabi Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    The Thing is, I want to explain bc it´s important that more People know that. But the reactions are almost never nice...

4. Bornunderabadsign
    Approved

Bornunderabadsign Non-binary Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,520 / 0 / -1
    People are often not willing to accept anything outside of their experience as valid unfortunately. If they can imagine it then it can't be true.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.