1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Do real friends exist?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by HappyToBIMe123, Jan 13, 2020 at 4:51 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. HappyToBIMe123

HappyToBIMe123 Grand King of The Apple Juices.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    Also There is this friend of mine who is extremely cynical and depressing to be around. He’s always like “I don’t want to deal with people” “I don’t want to work a fast food job” He also says like the you can do anything if you work hard is False. I honestly believe that. To a decent extent. It’s starting to bring me down because I just can’t get through to him. Idk what to do at this point. I feel like I need to distance myself from him, it’s so depressing to hear him say all that stuff about himself. He always says he will die alone and it’s so stressful to talk to him about that stuff I can’t stand it anymore. I’ve done all I could for him. Advice would be great.

2. Cisfemale
    Adorable

Cisfemale Baby Necrofriggian
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Be your own best friend first. Others will follow.

3. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,813 / 0 / -0
    Guess my first question is; why do you consider him a friend? You don't seem to have any positive feelings for him at all.

4. eriffire
    Musical

eriffire Reliable Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 0 / -0
    Sounds to me like he could be depressed. Sometimes depression can make one seem cynical or pessimistic, because it can change one’s perception of the world. It can also be more challenging to be friends with someone who has depression, because they can seem to pull away from you socially, not make much effort to see or talk to you, and because they can be seen to be “downers.” I hope I will not offend anyone in saying this; I have both been depressed and have cared for someone with depression, but I am massively oversimplifying here for the sake of a shortish post.

My advice would be that you need to find friends who will build you up, make you feel positive and strong, so try to seek them out and hold onto them and surround yourself with them. But please don’t give up on someone because they bring you down; if you find it difficult to spend a lot of time with him, that’s fair enough, but just making a little effort for him to show him you care might mean more than you know.

5. BiZous
    Playful

BiZous Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Do you wear that T-shirt on your avatar? (know it's not the topic, sorry, just really wondering)

6. AudryLeigh
    Alone

AudryLeigh proud Tgirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,242 / 0 / -38
    Hey Happy,

Just curious -- why did you put this thread in this forum? Kinda seems like the wrong place for it.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

7. HappyToBIMe123

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    Well I’ve known him for years. He has a whole childhood issue that I believe causes it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:51 PM ---
    You know that is a good question. I have no idea. Must have on accident. Was supposed to go on the general. My mistake.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:53 PM ---
    No, unfortunately. Funny you ask.

#7 HappyToBIMe123, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:50 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 1:53 PM
  8. AudryLeigh
    Alone

AudryLeigh proud Tgirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,242 / 0 / -38
    Would you like me to move it for you?

Also, love the slogan on the T-shirt. Wouldn't work for me though -- I'm a lesbian. One that I would wear if I could find it (I think I saw this on here someplace) says, "I like my men like I like my coffee. I don't like coffee."

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

9. HappyToBIMe123

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    Yes Please.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.