1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Depression

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Pan_the_kid, May 19, 2017 at 7:19 AM.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Pan_the_kid

Pan_the_kid Pan the kid
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been on here for a while since this occurred but I've been struggling with this I'm fine-ish now but I'm stuggling with it a bit and my boyfriend kinda has a pessimistic so yeah that sucks but I love him so it's worth everything I go through

2. anocxu

anocxu Anocxu
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -5

Tell us more...?
    Are you saying your boyfriend's pessimistic attitude is ruining your relationship?

Please elaborate?

3. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,248 / 0 / -14
    Who's depressed? You? Your boyfriend? Both of you?

It's hard to determine the source of depression -- and when you think you know, quite often you're wrong. Fortunately, you don't have to know where it comes from to deal with it. Basically, you have to work at distracting yourseves -- find some activity you and your boyfriend sort of like (or, at least, don't much dislike) and throw yourselves into it. After a while, you forget to be depressed.

Needless to say, it's hard to get started doing whatever it is because, when you're depressed, you don't feel like doing much of anything. It's worth the effort, though, because it works.

4. Thegenderfuc

Thegenderfuc Pansexual, painter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe try talking to him. Tell him u feel this way.

5. Pan_the_kid

Pan_the_kid Pan the kid
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I guess I left little to no details on this post so here it is, I'm depressed from stress and school there seems to be this aura that haunts it and it seems to suck the happiness out of you and my boyfriend seems to be pessimistic untill I'm with him that's when we are the happiest is when we are together

6. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,248 / 0 / -14
    If it's high school sucking the life out of you, at least it will be over soon. Public education in the US should be considered a human rights abuse.