1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Crush advice

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Ita96, Oct 24, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Ita96

Ita96 Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So I met this boy some years ago as an exchange student (we're both Italians) and we became really good friends and spent a lot of time together.. Now I've caught up with him again on instagram after a while, and in the meantime I figured out my sexual orientation and my feelings for him, and I'm wondering how I should approach him and if he actually is gay.. He is very shy, studies linguistic mediation and seems to never have had a girlfriend so far, which might indicate he's gay.. Yet he plays soccer professionally and follows some girl models on instagram, so I'm worried he's actually not. Do you guys have any advice? Sorry for the long question

2. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,359 / 1 / -31
    if you can get together IRL, you'd be better able to judge whether there's any chemistry between you. The models mean nothing -- as a professional athlete, he's kind of required to "admire" hot women.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. hauchiko
    Anime Lover

hauchiko Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -1
    I think you should just tell him and see if he reciprocates, and if he doesn't, then try to move on. Worst thing he can do is say no, so there's nothing to really be afraid of. If he turns out to be against it and starts to say hurtful things, then I don't think he was really worth the time? Sorry if I sound blunt and harsh, but I think it can actually be pretty simple. I'm also being a total hypocrite saying this, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have been able to approach someone without some friends backing me up at the very least haha

4. Ita96

Ita96 Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answer :)  I'm planning to meet up with him again to see if something can happen at all. Also, he's so good looking that I don't understand why he still would have no girlfriend at his age. Hopefully my gaydar is working well haha

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.