1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Crashed and burned and everything hurts. Who wants to keep my mind off of it?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by Corvus, Jan 14, 2020 at 5:47 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, so I was cycling to work, it was raining so hard I could barely see anything and I was getting soaked to the bone; all of a sudden a girl just comes out of nowhere from between the trees on her bicycle and cut me off. Trying not to ram into her I hit the brakes and tried turning my bike, which is a terrible idea to do when you're going downhill...which resulted into me losing traction, gain speed and skid full speed against a bunch of cement pylons. She got the F out of there and nobody tried to help so after half an hour of having my face in the mud I managed to reach the phone in my pocket and call an ambulance since I couldn't get up on my own (my fibromyalgia went into overdrive and locked my whole body).

Long story short and a bunch of x-rays later, thankfully nothing is broken but I still can't walk and I barely have feeling in my right hand, which looks like a huge potato right now so since the Dutch health system after-care is absolute garbage they sent me home with 2 paracetamol and a wheel chair (which is fun to drive in the rain with only one semi working hand). Need to keep moving the finger in my right hand not to lose function in it so I thought "Why not chat with some nice people?" so here I am...and it only took me half an hour to write this!

So, who's bored, feeling bad for me and has a few minutes to burn? Let's chat :p 

2. JingleBells

JingleBells jιngle
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -1
    I'm So Sorry Corvus this happened to you. I don't even know what to say. I'm really terrible when it comes to this. And i'm probably the last person you want to chat with right now considering my total lack of social skills/manners/whatever. Like they all run away after talking to me, So i'm not much of a help in that area. But i just want to give you a big *hug*. If i were there i'd have done everything to like help you out with stuffs like we could watch mr bean and lol together or whatever, See this is what i'm talking about, I don't know what to say. I mean i can talk endlessly about heavy shit but when it comes to this i'm like.. Nope, nothing.
    Okay i can share some music with you that helps with pain if you focus on it, And share some of my tips to slip out of pain... If you want.. I mean, Fuck me, i don't know how to do this.. I'd rather write pages and pages on consciousness. But i don't know how to 'human'

3. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    I know, we'll do some stretching together :p 

[​IMG]

Don't worry, you did great, and I actually feel a greater connection to you when you just speak simply like that. I feel like you shine through a lot more easily ^_^

4. JingleBells

JingleBells jιngle
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -1

Your sense of humor is .. I'm like trying to empathize with you and you are making me laugh and i feel bad about it. Trust me, I love your posts. You are awesome. I'm a fan. You can connect with people so much, You can 'human' so well. But I've been living in isolation since i was a little kid, I don't talk to anybody. So I've become this way. You gotta balance silence with sound, it should always be 50/50 if you want to keep your connection with the society, otherwise you will become like me. Oh i'm going on about myself again.

How bad is the pain? I don't understand much of your 'condition' , Its a new word to me ' fibromyalgia' i just googled it once and i don't understand much about it. I hope you have people around over there to help you out and all. I'm afraid if i keep talking this way ( which i'm not used to) i will make it weird in the end lol.

#4 JingleBells, Jan 14, 2020 at 6:34 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 6:40 AM
  5. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    There's way too much to fear out there so free yourself from it in here. It's just you and me (and the rest of the lovely community) so say what you want to say, do what you want to do; as long as you're honest you'll be ok.

The pain is...quite bad to be honest...fibromyalgia pain can be quite debilitating but is normally localized pain...I had never had a full body flare-up before and I'm dealing with it poorly...it's like a mix of a full body cramp and a full body burn, plus the throbbing on my hand and knees...
    My son (4yo) came home for lunch and my wife had to take him back to school earlier because he just kept crying; he could hear me upstairs grunting in pain, which is new to him. He knows I'm always in pain but I'm also always smiling so this is a first for him too. He came quickly upstairs to give me a kiss with tears running down his face, gave me a very careful hug and kiss and then ran away again. Poor thing was terrified...

6. BiBiLife
    Loved

BiBiLife Forever in debt to your priceless advice.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,751 / 3 / -5
    Hey Corvus , I'm sorry that happened, it's terrible :mad: 

[​IMG]

This gave me a smile :) 

7. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    Is this your way of saying you're coming over and paint my nails? Do it! :p 

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  8. BiBiLife
    Loved

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,751 / 3 / -5
    If only I could :D  I have such a lovely dark green on right now, it has goldish glitter interspersed in it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    Now my hand hurts AND my nails are dull...can this day get any worse? (Is there a diva emote out there somewhere?)

10. BiBiLife
    Loved

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,751 / 3 / -5
    We should revive the nail painting thread, that was fun

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  11. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    Your wish is my quote ;) 

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. eriffire
    Musical

eriffire Reliable Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Oh Corvus! *gentle hug* I’m so sorry, what a completely dramatic thing for you to do to yourself :p  and to be ditched by the very girl who caused it too! Let’s make a voodoo doll of her and throw her into some mud so she gets her karma.

if there’s a nail painting party going on, I’m in! I haven’t painted mine in ages.

13. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for making the hug gentle; I'm hurting everywhere.

Yeah, she sucked, but it's quite a common thing here, sadly. Most people in this area couldn't care less. I've seen accidents where people just drive/cycle around someone on the floor and yell at them to get out of the way. At least I was polite enough to crash onto the side, i guess :p 

Also, what an adorable onesie! Is that a Snorlax? Will you be wearing it to the nail painting party?

14. BiBiLife
    Loved

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,751 / 3 / -5
    Eagerly waiting for my latest nails pic to be approved :p 

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. eriffire
    Musical

eriffire Reliable Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Whaaaat? People just drive around some poor helpless soul sprawled on the floor? Harsh.

‘tis Snorlax yes :)  and of course I will! I’ll bring onesies for everyone. Who wants charmander?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. JingleBells

JingleBells jιngle
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -1
    I'm not an expert on these things, I'm not a doctor. I don't understand anything about the Biological aspect of your condition. But i can say something that works in All cases if you are willing to give it a try with an open mind. Just as an experiment, you don't have to believe in anything for it to work. You just have to believe in yourself. The incredible potential of human mind.

Like, When you have some pain, Like If Awareness is Focused on Something else, Like for instance Watching tv you are So into something that you are watching on the television or whatever, You won't even feel the world much, the passage of time, even if tons of mosquitoes come and sit on your face and body and suck all the blood out of you, If your awareness is locked Elsewhere ( and not in the body) you won't feel it. Like Right now in this state its locked in the body, If you can shift it from the body into something outside of inside your mind you will start to feel the body less and less and less, and with that pain too will Be Gone. Don't get me wrong, PAIN WILL BE THERE, BUT IN THE BODY. You don't Necessarily have to feel it. Thats my point. I CANNOT take the whatever biological condition in your body away. BUT i can Slip you out of it. If you can Give this a try, And you have already tried so much in your life, You have Absolutely nothing to loose, But if you can try something i say to you, You will be surprised. And i'm talking from my personal experience, You just have to keep an open mind thats all i'm asking.

You can go about this in 2 ways, The outcome will be the same but the process appears to be different. One way is easier and the other can be hard. 1st is to GO DIRECTLY into the pain and accept it 100%, Its a bodys cry for help, you have to show love towards it and accept it. And go into it, jump into it and feel it 100% . If you can shift your whole awareness to it, You will start feeling this 'space' between pain, Breathe all the positive loving feeling you got into it. Breathe into it. You have to focus on that 'space' And just go into it.. Deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper, the the deeper you go the lesser the pain will become and once you let go completely, pain will be gone. I know this sounds crazy for so many years you have tried in everyday to deal with this pain, you have tried medicines and all, but it didn't work much, and i'm saying pain will go away just like that, Yes just like that, If a person can be brave enough to do this. Because you will feel the pain more and more at first, before this can happen. I cannot literally put to words its kind of not expressible in words, but you will get the hang of it. Your whole body will relax and you will enter into this really peaceful space where there is no pain.
    A lot of doctors actually hypnotize patients into this state for make the pain naturally go away instead of using morphine and things like that these days. Its a perfectly scientific thing, its an altered state of consciousness.

Also, I can share google drive link to some music composed by really deep really silent meditative artists that is specifically designed to let you go deep into this peaceful state within yourself. You can shift your whole awareness to the music feel it 100% dive deep into it and you will fall into that state of consciousness, within you. All your pain will be gone.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Alsthom
    Sarcastic

Alsthom Princess Chick Pea

Ratings:
    +856 / 0 / -1
    What a shitty thing to happen. Especially to you...
    I'm sending lots of love and virtual hugs (they don't hurt).
    I gave you as many hearts as I could!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:36 AM ---
    Dibbs on charmander!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    I saw, thank you! :D 

The typing is actually helping my hands...I'm semi cheating only typing with 3 fingers on my right hand but that's 2 more I can move since this morning :p 

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. JingleBells

JingleBells jιngle
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -1
    Also, Something that works every time.
    There is something you cannot see in the navel area of your body. It can be kinda seen using Electro Photonic Imagining. But it cannot be seen directly. Just Trust me on this and, Imagine a invisible space of pure energy in that area, Its not guts or intestines i'm not talking about the body. I know its probably too 'esoteric' to you. But its not . There is something there you cannot see. You just have to trust it. And shift your whole awareness to it. That space Approximately in that area of your navel. And maintain that awareness and go deeper and deeper into that clear invisible space within you. Go deep into it. Maintain that awareness and fall alseep into it. You just have to trust me on this. If you can shift your whole awareness to it and fall asleep into it, You will be surprised.

And i'm really serious about this. I'm not kidding.
    When pain gets too much, and nothing can be done about it, Try this, And you will be surprised.
    And let me know if you want to listen to music if thats your thing.

#19 JingleBells, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:38 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 7:42 AM
  20. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like something I used to do during my martial arts training when things got too painful to deal with. Focus on my core, disappear into it and detach from the body (as it were) and find my zen space where nothing hurts anymore. It's been years since I've done that...let's see if I can still do it.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.