1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Congress To Donald: Nazis are bad

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Halloween, Sep 13, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Halloween
    Batty

Halloween I'd rather burn than boil
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,171 / 0 / -37
    So this is America now...a place where Congress has to force the President to speak out against Nazism and Domestic Terrorist..
    [​IMG]
    At this point, is America even worth saving?

Congress To Trump: Denounce Hate Groups
    The Congressional resolution also calls Heyer’s death a “domestic terrorist attack.”

Sept 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Congress passed a resolution late on Tuesday calling on President Donald Trump to condemn hate groups after Trump was criticized for his response to the violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, a month ago.

The U.S. House of Representatives unanimously adopted the resolution, U.S. Representative Gerry Connolly, a Democrat from Virginia, said in a statement. The Senate approved the measure on Monday.

“Tonight, the House of Representatives spoke in one unified voice to unequivocally condemn the shameful and hate-filled acts of violence carried out by the KKK (Ku Klux Klan), white nationalists, white supremacists and neo-Nazis in Charlottesville,” Connolly said.

[​IMG]

The joint resolution, passed with the support of both Republicans and Democrats, will go to Trump for his signature.

Representatives for the White House did not respond immediately to an email seeking comment.

The Congressional resolution calls on Trump to condemn hate groups and what it describes as the growing prevalence of extremists who support anti-Semitism, xenophobia and white supremacy.

[​IMG]

It also urges Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate acts of violence and intimidation by white nationalists, neo-Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan and similar groups.

Trump alienated fellow Republicans, corporate leaders and U.S. allies and rattled markets last month with comments about the violence in Charlottesville, where white nationalists and neo-Nazis clashed with anti-racism activists on Aug. 12.

One woman, Heather Heyer, was killed and several people were wounded when a suspected white nationalist crashed his car into anti-racist demonstrators.

The Congressional resolution calls Heyer’s death a “domestic terrorist attack.” James Alex Fields, a 20-year-old Ohio man who authorities say drove into Heyer and other protesters, has been charged with second-degree murder and other criminal counts.

[​IMG]

On Aug. 12, Trump denounced hatred and violence “on many sides,” a comment that drew sharp criticism from across the political spectrum for not condemning white nationalists.

White nationalists had gathered in Charlottesville to protest against the planned removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, who led the pro-slavery Confederacy’s army during the U.S. Civil War. Trump defended Confederate monuments last month.

At a rally in Phoenix on Aug. 22, Trump accused television networks of ignoring his calls for unity in the aftermath of the violence in Charlottesville.

“I didn’t say I love you because you’re black, or I love you because you’re white,” Trump said at the rally. “I love all the people of our country.”

The resolution also acknowledged the deaths of two Virginia State Police officers whose helicopter crashed as they patrolled the Charlottesville protest.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. allthesmallthings
    Alienated

allthesmallthings Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1
    Spoken as a complete outsider, but I think it is. The USA have a lot still to be proud of. Mr. Chief Duckling might not be one of those things but yeah. :p  We've had a long-standing similar problem here. Contrary to what some on the right might think, Sweden is very accommodating of political expression and assembly on "all sides", so to say, much more so than what would be to my personal likings. We've been reprimanded many times from international organs in which we partake for how lenient we are when it comes to the assembly of right-wing extremist groups such as Nazi trash like this. I mean, for christ's sake, if people knew the history of the UN Declaration of Human Rights, they would be more careful in extending these rights to Nazi filth. They were written to be a legal instrument to promote the implementation of policy designed to prevent a new rise of fascism after the end of the Second World War and the triumph of the allied powers(, partially adjusted for the political conditions at the time). Not to let the same shit happen again.

3. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Valarmorghulis Opai dragon !
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +826 / 20 / -306
    he might look like a duckling but at least he doesn't pander to the swamp that is social justice.

4. Barefoot
    Horny

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 2 / -11
    No. He panders to Neo Nazis, White Supremacists, Jim Crow advocates; the KKK types, the Xenophobes and the knuckle dragging neanderthals; the uneducated (who hate the educated). Everything that I abhor. Those are his base, his supporters and friends.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. AudryLeigh
    Confused

AudryLeigh tGirl and Dedicated Advisor
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +748 / 0 / -15
    AMEN! Can I get an AMEN?

If Trump doesn't radically change his stance on these issues, and soon, there well may be a re-visitation of the Civil War. We busted our asses to remain peaceful during the "Days of Rage", but some of us did become violent (remember the Weather Underground?). And these days with a dramatically greater percentage of the American Public being [heavily] armed, one of these days those haters are going to face "peaceful" opposition protesters who are just going to open fire on them. Even an AR-15 isn't that hard to conceal, especially once the weather gets chilly.

And to you College students, and College age youth, GET UP OFF YOUR LAZY, COMPLACENT ASSES AND DO SOMETHING! Your degrees won't be worth shit if the country and the economy founders. Who do you think the Viet Nam War protesters and the Freedom Fighters were? THEY (WE) ARE YOUR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS! Show some respect! Are you just going to sit on your drug soaked asses and let everything we fought for die? We were fighting for not only our futures, but [mostly] for yours! And you are letting everything we did for you just go to waste. We may have won it for you, but it's up to you to keep it, for yourselves and for YOUR children and grandchildren. If you want a future, you have to get up NOW! Seize the moment! Our current government is walking all over you, and you are just taking it! You're acting like a generation of pussies! It's time to show what you're really made of! Is it guts, or gullibility? Only time will tell, and there isn't much time left. NOW IS THE TIME! So JUST DO IT!

Audry

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Wisdomatic

CoffeeUnicorn34 Bakura◆Your Friendly Neighborhood Badass
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +943 / 0 / -1
    Who knows if America is worth saving anymore and I don't say that lightly. It is getting to a point where I'm just shaking my head because everyday there is always something that has to do with Trump and his ass monkeys. It just never ends.
    [​IMG]
    Only when he was called out about it did he denounce the hate groups. Even then he still himhaed and spewed more bullshit. A women died, people were injured for standing up against hatred, white supremisists, alt-right bullshit! People got hurt over this. It still hasn't left my mind and it makes me sad. Nothing has changed. Nothing will as long as Darth Cheeto remains in power and it wouldn't be any better with his VPBFF (vice president best friend forever) Dumbass the fuckface in charge either, in fact it would be WORSE, A LOT BLOODY FUCKING WORSE!
    [​IMG]
    He does seem to pander to these Neo-Nazi assholes, of course he's going to deny that he does any such thing, just like he pretended to be an ally to the LGBT+ community. He doesn't give two shits about ANY OF US, even his fucking troll base, he only cares about himself. He isn't doing any of us any good
    [​IMG]
    Fox News and other conservative outlets can say whatever the fuck they want. They can go to hell for all I care. At the end of the day, it is probably going to get worse before it gets better. God rest that woman's soul that was taken from us from Charolettesville. All I can say is, God, Help us all.
    [​IMG]
    Can't say I'm surprised by any of this. Don't know what else to say except it is pretty fucking sad when congress has to tell the "president" to denounce hate groups and such when that should just come naturally. Shows us where his true colors lay.
    [​IMG]

#6 CoffeeUnicorn34, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017