1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Confused with Labels

Discussion in 'Pansexual' started by Rainbowsarekindacool, Jul 15, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Rainbowsarekindacool

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so I identify as pansexual because the gender really doesn't matter to me I like the person for who they are. But for people who have penises I could be attracted to their personality or physically but not sexually at all. But with people with vaginas I am attracted to them sexually so I'm just confused I don't know what this means

2. ArtsySummerRose
    Elated

ArtsySummerRose Lesbian or Canadian?!?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi! What do you mean when you say you like certain types of genitalia? Is it about the sex given at birth or the actual body part?
    I know a little bit about labels from when I was confused about my own sexuality

3. ArtsySummerRose
    Elated

ArtsySummerRose Lesbian or Canadian?!?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    If it's about the body part it might be a preference

If you can fall in love with all gender but only like some sexually, maybe your romantic attraction and sexual attraction don't align. It happen sometimes: you might be interested to look into mismatched attraction types.
    On the top of my head, I can think of polysexuality (which is attraction to most genders, but not all) bisexuality (definition of that one is always changing) and panromantic (being able to love all gender but not necessarily sexually) You can use that for a head start in your research.

Honestly, you can use any label you want. The important is you're comfortable with it and it make it easier for you to come out to people. Hey! you can even use no label at all!

4. Avery35
    Benevolent

Avery35 "Lets have a war!"
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 3 / -18
    So you find guys(or just a person who has a penis but identifies as something else/a person whose FTM) physically attractive but not sexually and you find girls(or someone that has a Vagina that identifies as something else/A person whose MTF) sexually attractive?

5. Rainbowsarekindacool

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mean the sex given at birth. But yeah I can fall in love romantically with anyone but I can only have sexual attraction to people who's sex is female sooo that's why I'm confused

6. Theory Elias Nygma
    Balanced

Theory Elias Nygma For there is nothing either good or bad.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +392 / 0 / -13
    I don't know if there's a label for that. There probably is.
    But honestly, do you need it?
    I'd just say "I'm pan, but I don't like dick", and tell them what you've told us about your preferences if they ask to specify.

7. OmNimnom
    Creative

OmNimnom A Talented Weirdo
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -1
    Dude, fuck the labels. Just do what you want in life!

8. WiKKiTsoul
    Torn

WiKKiTsoul broken...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -2
    i think you and i are a lot alike in that sense, i personally identify as lesbian since i can only be sexually aroused while sleeping with a woman. i can become emotionally attached a man but when things progress into the bedroom that is when it all ends for me, i'm just not sexually attracted to them, and it wouldn't much of a relationship without the sexual aspect (in my opinion). sex (sexual intercourse) doesn't matter to some of people and i suppose if i was one of those people then i wouldn't bother identifying as strictly lesbian, but since i am a sexual creature i slap that label on just to make it easier on everyone and so i am not put in the position where i have to explain to a guy that even though everything else is pretty much close to perfect i can't manage to get myself to be sexually aroused by him. i don't know if that helped but i wish you well...

9. PaxAeon
    Goofy

PaxAeon Bene Gesserit
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -13
    I've called myself bisexual when I was 15. I'm still bisexual at 33. My sexual tastes have vacillated over the years but my romantic aspirations seems always to be with females. I've never took the time to try and define myself that way.....it's just not important to me....but I'm not YOU. Do what you feel is best for you. There are no rules to this.

10. jordan ♪ ♫
    Insomnious

jordan ♪ ♫ meme kid (they/them)

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    actually, there is a term for this! you can use gynephile, which means you are sexually attracted to people with vaginas. the terms androphile/gynephile are sometimes used in the trans community to identify someone who has an attraction to a certain genitalia, no matter what gender they identify as.

there's also different romantic orientations, and they don't necessarily have to match your sexual orientation. for example, someone who is romantically attracted to all genders, but is only sexually attracted to members of the same gender would identify as panromantic homosexual.

that being said, it's not 100% necessary to find a label. if you just want to say, "i'm pansexual, but i don't like dick," as someone above said, that's cool too!