1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender confused, questioning, transitioning

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by Jroe, Mar 14, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Jroe

Jroe Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

I’m so confused.

In 2016 I was in a relationship that wasn’t healthy. At this time I was thinking about transitioning. And then when it ended I told myself it’s just because she wanted me to.

But I’ve always felt different, I haven’t ever felt comfortable. But I just thought it was self confidence.

But lately I’ve been thinking about transitioning, that maybe that is what is missing for me, that that’s why I can’t feel like myself.

But how? How do you know for sure?
    When will you know 100% for sure.

My current partner has no idea and I don’t know how to bring it up. But tonight we were talking about something else and she said she loves me because I’m me. And in some way worded that even if I was a man.
    So now the thoughts are more full on, but I don’t think she meant it like that.
    Considering I’ve never talk about my feelings about this with her

2. BiBiLife
    Studious

BiBiLife Whatsername
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +762 / 2 / -0
    I'm cis, so I don't have experience with this. However, you want to be absolutely sure that this is what you want before you transition. Once you start hrt, some impacts are irreversible.

3. Alsthom
    Cheerful

Alsthom Trans lesbian girl in my mind. (she/her)
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -1
    Hello Jroe! Do you experience dysphoria, physical or social? Do you ever feel like you're not in the right body?
    That's a good way to start knowing more who you are. Take your time to figure things out, and maybe take small steps towards the gender you may aspire to be, see how it feels.

4. Jroe

Jroe Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you.
    It’s on and off.
    I use to think about it constantly.
    And it’s coming back a lot lately, it’s just constant again like I can’t block it out.
    I don’t feel comfortable in my body, in the way I look.
    I feel awkward using to public bathrooms.

I think the biggest thing I’m telling myself I’m not is. Because of experiences in life I’ve had I’m terrified of all males, can’t be alone with them, or really talk to them.
    So I’m worried that I can’t be myself because males scare me and I don’t want to be scared of myself.
    I dunno strange way to put it but yeh.

5. Miles.

Miles. Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Maybe try experimenting? If she said that she will probably be ok with it, so try talking with her? I know it will be hard, but if she really loves you and means what she said she will support you in experimenting, and the decision you make, if any.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.