1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Community Talk Thread for Everyone over 18+

Discussion in 'Important life issues other than LGBT' started by Thief King Bakura, May 22, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 25 users.
  1. Thief King Bakura
    Anime Lover

Thief King Bakura The Thief King of LGBTchat
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,334 / 0 / -6
    I'm sure it won't be my last scuffle with close minded twats regarding public restroom shenanigans. I agreed with your whole reply because it is indeed sad that this is even a bloody issue. It makes me sad and mad at the same time. The public indignation was there for me today. Probably the worst incident I've had regarding public restrooms. Especially at a place where I was quite comfortable using the restrooms there. Again, never had any issues besides this twat. She was an older lady so I suppose it makes sense and makes one go....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    YES EXACTLY! Excellent point here. You're right, there is no gendered restrooms in one's home. They're unisex but yet when you go in public you see the dreaded signs of the man and the dress pictures. But yet when one goes out in the public sphere, gendered restrooms, gendered restrooms everywhere. Like why? Maybe one has urinals, the other doesn't but they both have the same kind of toilets and sinks where one would wash their hands after doing their business.

It shouldn't be a big deal for anyone of any gender or without gender to use a restroom in public. Yet, society makes it an issue and it's disgusting. This issue gets me so pissed off. Evenmoreso, now that I've had a little bit of experience with discrimination, intended or not.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 24, 2019, Original Post Date: Oct 24, 2019 ---
    More bathrooms is indeed logical. Only one place I've been to when I've attended an LGBTQ+ event had an actual unisex bathroom. I'm not talking about a single stall, I'm talking about a public restroom, double stalls and unisex. Best restroom I've been in my life out in public where I felt actually safe. Most restrooms, yes even in the men's restrooms I always feel a sense of unease. Even though nothing has happened like assault or whathave you. The woman that gave me the dirty look is a prime example, albeit not a physical assault but it was still discrimination. I am still blown away by it and the ladies at the front desk did nothing to help me, I was the criminal for just going the bathroom just because I passed as male and a woman walked in on me drying my hands. Yes, truly scandalous (sarcasm). For fucks sake.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +465 / 0 / -0
    Sorry you had that experience in a place where you should feel safe. As agender bathroom trips are always frustrating since there's no right choice to begin with. I would like to view it in more practical terms...I don't like making messes so I'd rather sit to do my business but, like you, I'll get dirty looks and even be kicked out of women's bathrooms and I refuse to sit on men's toilets that are pissed all over.
    It's worse at work where the toilets for staff are inside the dressing rooms that need a pass to open, and I have a pass that's "for men only" and thus, not for me to begin with...
    Separated bathrooms to prevent assault is ridiculous but I accept the opinion of people who say it's about cleanliness. Bathrooms should just be divided into "standing" and "sitting". Problem solved.

3. Mustard

Mustard Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the “standing” and “sitting”. There’s a club in Orlando and the bathrooms there are for men and women, there’s urinals on the wall and two stalls and we all share the restroom. We’re all adults and everyone is covered by a wall so I don’t see the big deal at all. Maybe a huge space for it and just having cover should be fine. I feel like we should all share a bathroom. I could care less as long as no one is trying to mess with me while I’m shitting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. zacknewman78
    Insomnious

zacknewman78 FTM, learning to love myself the right way
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Maybe bathrooms should have glass walls except for the stalls, so outside the stalls evryone can see what's going on inside and maybe it could prevent assaults.

In my country there are men who was arrested wearing hijab (clothes that cover their heads and sometimes faces) to enter ladies rest rooms. They admitted that they were doing it to steal ladies belongings. I just think it would hurt a lot of transwoman who might use the same method to pass going in ladies rooms without transitioning.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.