1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Community Talk Thread for Everyone over 18+

Discussion in 'Important life issues other than LGBT' started by Thief King Bakura, May 22, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 27 users.
  1. Thief King Bakura
    Sarcastic

Thief King Bakura ✰Prince of HELL + UwU❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,061 / 0 / -6
    Hello, ladies, gents, and non-binary pals of LGBTchat,

I present a thread for the adults of LGBTCHAT to get together and just well chat. This will be a laid back thread where we can talk and connect with other adults here. It isn't a hook-up thread since this isn't a hook-up site in general, but a place to connect and share stories or just talk about whatever as long as it is PG-13 cuz we do have youngins here.

Even though this will be an adult community chat thread, our younger members are more than welcome to join in as well. Just wanted to put that out there.

How about we start by introducing ourselves? Just state your name or a nickname you want to be called, preferred pronouns, and one random fact about ourselves, just something generalish....

I generally go by Bakura here, preferred pronouns are he/him. One random fact about myself is I watch too much anime and have been obsessed with playing Pokemon Silver version lately. Also I love coffee....well that's three but you get the idea. xD

So have fun, this is a laid back thread. Kind of a lounge thread if you will. I remember a similar thread here and wanted to make my own. So here it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Carlita
    Creative

Carlita Love is patient. Love is kind.
    Beloved Member

Original Star Trek USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
    Ratings:
    +850 / 2 / -4
    Hm. You can call me Carlita. It's my middle and online name. Call me she/her. And a fact? I love art. It's interesting, I'm in love with writing and reading but the actual writing takes some discipline to do. I scrapbook, some painting if to call it that, roller skating, and more. Pretty laid back and expressive when you know me in person.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Thief King Bakura
    Sarcastic

Ratings:
    +5,061 / 0 / -6
    Hello Carlita, welcome to the thread. Glad you're here. I'm pretty laid back as well for the most part. I also love art, I do draw occasionally (although lately I've had somewhat of an art block when it comes to drawing). Sounds like you've got alot going on and like to quite abit. That's awesome.

4. Jessica45
    Feminine

Jessica45 Bisexual mtf. Slightly insane
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,728 / 0 / -2
    Hi I’m Larry. Call me he/him. One random fact, I love old school country music

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  5. Thief King Bakura
    Sarcastic

Ratings:
    +5,061 / 0 / -6
    Welcome Larry, to the thread. Glad you're here.

For the next question, name one thing you like about where you live, just something general.

One thing I like about where I live is it is a realatively open-minded place (most of the time when my governor isn't being a two faced bitch lol). I live near some nice trails and those are nice to walk on sometimes.

6. Jessica45
    Feminine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,728 / 0 / -2
    I have always liked the fact that there are four distinct seasons where I live. As I get older I appreciate the warmth more though. Lol

7. BiBiLife
    Badass

BiBiLife Still breathing
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,936 / 3 / -6
    Hi, I'm going by BiBi on this forum. My pronouns are she/her. I enjoy doing pencil drawings and writing poetry. I like that I live on a wooded area, so I can go for hikes and be out in nature often.

8. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Bornunderabadsign Non-binary Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 0 / -1
    Howdy folks. Y'all know that I go by my handle on here but I also go by Dakota (it us the only one of my irl names that I really like [I kinda like the others too but they are not very unisex or fem]).

My pronouns are they/them/she/her (one day [hopefully soon] I'll have the courage to politely ask [or ruthlessly demand] that people use the correct pronouns irl.

My weird fact is that I'm a jack of many trades. There isn't much home improvement wise that I haven't done at one point or another.

The one thing I like about where I live is Lake Guntersville. I may be biased but I think it is one of the best and most fun lakes on the Tennessee River. It has nice swimming holes, plenty of room for water skiing/boarding, fishing, and powerboating/sailing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88

Ratings:
    +3,133 / 0 / -4
    I'm Butterfly. My pronouns are she/her. A fun fact about me is I like to collect postcards.

One thing I like about where I live is most people tend to be accepting of LGBT people. There are two LGBT-affirming churches in a town of only 12,000 people and there is a group fighting to start an annual pride parade.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. KitKat2001

KitKat2001 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry baby birds, I have arrived! lol Well aloha everyone I am Gabbie. Not really too serious about pronouns, so go with Gabbie since that's muh name. I am a big Owl City fan and I am literally at this moment enjoying the rainy weather, Gilmore Girls, Napa Merlot, comfy joggers, and my tot hotspur hoodie. I grew up in London and currently am a student at UC Berkeley. Lived in the states since I was 12 and on May 9th I turned 18. Sushi and real pork Tsukamen Ramen and street tacos are my go-to foods. I work as a chef de partie at Saison in San Francisco. I am a part-time freelance writer with 2 majors and a handful of minors. I am a huge 70s and 80s BMW fan. Pottery is my fav hobby. Sailing and rowing and football(real English football) are my favourite sports to watch. I talk very funny, vocabulary-wise, in real life. Literature and history are my favourite subjects to study. I have an amazing ass or butt as you say in this country, incorrectly. I am in the process of completing an application to Harvard. I have been on the debate team in primary school(high school in england) and am currently on the UCB debate team. I know right? I am something seriously amazing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 0 / -1
    I like pottery as well. Something about getting ones hands dirty to make something beautiful is rad.

I was on my highschool's debate team!

12. Jessica45
    Feminine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,728 / 0 / -2
    You guys are way more impressive than me. I played football and drank beer in high school. In my defense, it was the 80s. That’s what you did

13. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 0 / -1
    I wanted to play baseball (my dad wouldn't let me because he said that I needed to have played to be able to get on my highschool's team and was saving me from embarrassing myself) and then I signed up for football tryouts but fractured my ankle the day before tryouts. I also wanted to be on a highschool sailing, swimming, and/or rowing team but my school had recently did away with their swimming team and didn't have the other two. I also wish that my school would have had a boxing and fencing team.

14. Jessica45
    Feminine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,728 / 0 / -2
    I played baseball, but not in high school. Football was fun, except for the sadistic coaches and training camp. I thought high school was easy so I majored In going to parties.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2019 ---
    In the 80s I thought I was straight so I only was interested in girls, but even if I knew I was bi then I wouldn’t have been open. Not a good idea in the 80s, especially for a football player. Although I knew, from personal experience, is at least one guy who experimented

#14 Jessica45, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  15. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 0 / -1
    The only classes I had trouble in was my math classes. It was the only class that I wasn't in honors/CLEP except for my senior year when it took CLEP Algebra III & Statistics. I still managed a high B/Low A in my math classes with the exception of Algebra I where I got a high C.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2019 ---
    I didn't have to study much in highschool, lol.

16. Jessica45
    Feminine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,728 / 0 / -2
    I actually never really did in college either

17. KitKat2001

KitKat2001 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol ya we are totally different but that is a cool thing! I did debate, academic decathlon and chess. i did swim for and cycling for 2 years though

18. Jessica45
    Feminine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,728 / 0 / -2
    Aside from football I didn’t want to be a joiner. I liked doing my own thing

19. KitKat2001

KitKat2001 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dig it! if i played any kind of contact sport i would of died im pretty sure

20. Jessica45
    Feminine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,728 / 0 / -2
    I’m a big sturdy guy. At least I was. As I get older I’m less sturdy

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.