1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Community for women over 30?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Loveofladies@35, Jul 16, 2017 at 5:44 PM.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Loveofladies@35

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am a 39 year old female and find it incredibly hard to find friends and a community I can participate in on this town that has such little resources. Yes, I am starting to panic. Realizing I loved women came completely out of the blue and most of the social media sites cater towards the younger generation. I just want to talk to. people who can make me feel a little less alone in my struggle? Anyone out there?

2. wanderer
    Depressed

wanderer Great Learner

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    the internet catering to mostly younger people has been the bane of my life since i started using it. i am 54 soon to be 55 and finding people who understand that part of my life is difficult

3. Loveofladies@35

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The internet is so brutal
    and I have had some tragic ends to my very few relationships I have had. It is heartbreaking to watch the younger generation thrive in their lgbtq communities and then here I am. I feel your pain!

4. wanderer
    Depressed

wanderer Great Learner

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    all of my prior relationships have had bad endings (or total existences actually) from being in abusive relationships to the suicide of my wife. i am jealous of the new generation but i am glad they seem to have an easier time for the most part. i just wish there was more for me

5. Loveofladies@35

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I can't even imagine. But how blessed you were to have found true love. I long for that!

6. wanderer
    Depressed

wanderer Great Learner

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    i am not even sure that i believe in "true love", our relationship was nice and she was pretty supportive. she did let me take hormones but she never accepted me living as me

7. WiKKiTsoul
    Torn

WiKKiTsoul broken...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -1
    hey there I just turned 35 last week...i totally get the struggle, that shit is all sorts of real. i came to this forum looking for some friends and to possibly build a support system that wasn't just made of 3 ex-girlfriends, i mean don't get me wrong i love those women but I'm dealing with a breakup at the moment and even though we are close it still feels like an awkward topic to discuss with them...so far there is one person I've become close to on here a couple of others were just trying to start some sort of online relationship, which i am definitely not ready for. so if you are looking for a 30+ friend you've got one in me if you'd like, same goes for you wanderer and any other wonderful ladies that join in after this message. :) 

#7 WiKKiTsoul, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:25 AM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 10:30 AM
  8. DoomCookie
    Mellow

DoomCookie Huh?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    It's a tough world out there. :( 

9. WiKKiTsoul
    Torn

WiKKiTsoul broken...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -1
    ah there doomcookie is also someone that reached out a helping hand <3 like i said there are many wonderful ladies here, you just need to give it time...put yourself out there and don't be scared to chime in on any topics you find interesting

10. PaxAeon
    Monday Blues

PaxAeon Bene Gesserit
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +693 / 0 / -7
    `
    There are Lesbian/Female Bisexual sites for women only, over 18, that generally cater to an older crowd. I've been a member of one myself for the last 6 years.

11. wanderer
    Depressed

wanderer Great Learner

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    i am often not welcome in "women only" spaces by virtue of my birth assignment. i was fortunate in the last city that i lived (i have lived in a camper for over a year) to have several good women friends.

12. PaxAeon
    Monday Blues

PaxAeon Bene Gesserit
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +693 / 0 / -7
    You would be welcome to the site I belong to. It does NOT discriminate by birth gender.

13. wanderer
    Depressed

wanderer Great Learner

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    i looked into what it takes to make a group, it seems that we need 10 interested parties. not enough of us in this thread yet. not even sure there are enough over 30 in the site :( 

14. Whynot

Whynot Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -4
    Well im in my late 20s and never had a community in fact I also prefer being around women in their 30s even in a friendship level

15. DoomCookie
    Mellow

DoomCookie Huh?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Would you mind PMing me the links? :) 

#15 DoomCookie, Jul 17, 2017 at 5:43 PM
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 12:02 AM
  16. WiKKiTsoul
    Torn

WiKKiTsoul broken...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -1
    well we've got this thread :)  maybe if we keep it going long enough we will have our 10...and get to know one another in the process. I'm a 35 year old lesbian I've been out to most of my friends for years, even a few family members...sadly i don't live in a country where i can be out since it is illegal but there is an lgbt community regardless of the laws against us. unfortunately the lgbt community here follows all the stereotypical things they think being queer is about...they party all the time and share parntners like they all carry this little checklist of who has been with who and check if they have been with that person yet, it's kind of sad because that isn't what it's all about...they give other people the impression that queer people don't have any sort of loyalty. which isn't the case with me, my last relationship lasted 10 years the one before that 5 and before that 4...it just depends on the person and what they are looking for, i have always wanted something stable in my life a partner to share my life with not just some random girl/woman to have fun with but sadly i moved around a lot so that was close to impossible since not everyone is cut out to make it through the hardships of a long distance relationship...