1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Community for women over 30?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Loveofladies@35, Jul 16, 2017.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 57 users.
  1. Loveofladies@35

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -1
    I am a 39 year old female and find it incredibly hard to find friends and a community I can participate in on this town that has such little resources. Yes, I am starting to panic. Realizing I loved women came completely out of the blue and most of the social media sites cater towards the younger generation. I just want to talk to. people who can make me feel a little less alone in my struggle? Anyone out there?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Loveofladies@35

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -1
    The internet is so brutal
    and I have had some tragic ends to my very few relationships I have had. It is heartbreaking to watch the younger generation thrive in their lgbtq communities and then here I am. I feel your pain!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Loveofladies@35

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -1
    I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I can't even imagine. But how blessed you were to have found true love. I long for that!

4. WiKKiTsoul
    Yeehaw

WiKKiTsoul Healing...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -4
    hey there I just turned 35 last week...i totally get the struggle, that shit is all sorts of real. i came to this forum looking for some friends and to possibly build a support system that wasn't just made of 3 ex-girlfriends, i mean don't get me wrong i love those women but I'm dealing with a breakup at the moment and even though we are close it still feels like an awkward topic to discuss with them...so far there is one person I've become close to on here a couple of others were just trying to start some sort of online relationship, which i am definitely not ready for. so if you are looking for a 30+ friend you've got one in me if you'd like, same goes for you wanderer and any other wonderful ladies that join in after this message. :) 

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #4 WiKKiTsoul, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  5. DoomCookie
    Dreaming

DoomCookie Huh?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -2
    It's a tough world out there. :( 

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. WiKKiTsoul
    Yeehaw

WiKKiTsoul Healing...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -4
    ah there doomcookie is also someone that reached out a helping hand <3 like i said there are many wonderful ladies here, you just need to give it time...put yourself out there and don't be scared to chime in on any topics you find interesting

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. PaxAeon

PaxAeon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    `
    There are Lesbian/Female Bisexual sites for women only, over 18, that generally cater to an older crowd. I've been a member of one myself for the last 6 years.

8. PaxAeon

PaxAeon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You would be welcome to the site I belong to. It does NOT discriminate by birth gender.

9. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Well-Known Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 0 / -4
    Well im in my late 20s and never had a community in fact I also prefer being around women in their 30s even in a friendship level

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. DoomCookie
    Dreaming

DoomCookie Huh?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -2
    Would you mind PMing me the links? :) 

#10 DoomCookie, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  11. WiKKiTsoul
    Yeehaw

WiKKiTsoul Healing...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -4
    well we've got this thread :)  maybe if we keep it going long enough we will have our 10...and get to know one another in the process. I'm a 35 year old lesbian I've been out to most of my friends for years, even a few family members...sadly i don't live in a country where i can be out since it is illegal but there is an lgbt community regardless of the laws against us. unfortunately the lgbt community here follows all the stereotypical things they think being queer is about...they party all the time and share parntners like they all carry this little checklist of who has been with who and check if they have been with that person yet, it's kind of sad because that isn't what it's all about...they give other people the impression that queer people don't have any sort of loyalty. which isn't the case with me, my last relationship lasted 10 years the one before that 5 and before that 4...it just depends on the person and what they are looking for, i have always wanted something stable in my life a partner to share my life with not just some random girl/woman to have fun with but sadly i moved around a lot so that was close to impossible since not everyone is cut out to make it through the hardships of a long distance relationship...

12. mussell
    Balanced

mussell got the heart of honey badger
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Ok first off I think I got a wrong button.. Second I'm 41 and it knocks me off my rocker when I'm having a conversation with someone and realize they are like 13.. creeps me out a little..3rd wanderer so sad to hear what you are going through.. You've had it tough.. hang in there..wikkitsoul you hang in there to.. Breakups are the worst.. The last one was 11 years ago and I swore it would be my last..4th DOOMCOOKIE you know you crack me up for real..I really love you all.. Such good people

13. mussell
    Balanced

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Oh and if anyone ever wants to talk about whatever your bored or sad..etc just look me up..I drive a truck and can't always text right away but I try to keep up with messages and I'm on her when I can be

14. mussell
    Balanced

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    At least you are hopeful wanderer I think that's wonderful..I will always wish you the best *hugs*

15. DoomCookie
    Dreaming

DoomCookie Huh?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -2
    I'm feeling the love in this thread. Hopefully we get 10 participants, if not we already have a nice little group right here :) 

16. WiKKiTsoul
    Yeehaw

WiKKiTsoul Healing...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -4
    hey i just noticed you changed you picture mussell...i love toothless i want a dragon just like him lol ♡
    breakups suck monkey nutts...think I'm getting better though i don't do the constant replay anymore...for the past two, three months now I had been torturing myself by mentally recapping the 10 years we were together all the plans and promises, her face, her laugh, her smell....but now i make it through the day keeping myself busy with work or checking what's going on in here, hell even playing "words with friends"....there are some good people on here and they've helped a lot even if it's just by giving me messages and notifications to check :p 
    so you don't date anymore? i mean how else would you ensure that you won't have to go through a breakup again?

17. mussell
    Balanced

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    My last relationship ever when I was 29 and I am 41 now. I haven't dated in all that time.. Although I did go to a dating site looking for friends and all that and I got catfished.. But alot of the problems in my relationships is me..I don't pay attention in the beginning..I want to believe what they say whether it's true or not and when it does start to click well there are problems.. Anyways I understand where you are coming from with the break up..I was OTR after my last relationship and I would dream about her.. And would wake up balling my eye out.. It took a long time to get over it but I'm so much better now.. I'm not opposed to dating or a relationship just extremely cautious don't want to repeat mistakes.. and TOOTHLESS is GREAT!!!!! Lol

18. WiKKiTsoul
    Yeehaw

WiKKiTsoul Healing...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -4
    i seem to be facing a brand-new problem these days....the other day i told myself that i needed to pull my shit together and start trying to figure out what i wanted to do and where i wanted to go, when i realized i had no clue...i didn't know what i wanted, for so long it had been what would be best for US as a couple where i planned to move...where i was goin to work there....how I'm going to get there. i don't know who i am anymore or what i like...my cousin says i have to move to texas because she needs me there and i mean i like it there alright, i guess, i think it mainly i like being close to my cousin we're like sisters...but texas is hot....like really hot, i don't do well in hot places lol.

19. mussell
    Balanced

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Texas is where I'm from.. And yes it's freaking hot.. Especially right now..I was just thinking I need to get things in order myself..I got bad habits..I need to start working out again.. but I have no will power.. Lol and as far as what I want to do in life. I just take things day by day but I do want to start getting out more.. I'm such a recluse
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2017 ---
    I don't think Texas would be so bad but it's so humid...I mean by time I get done with the pole saw and chain saw and strap down my load I am working wet with sweat.. Look like I just got out a swimming pool

#19 mussell, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  20. mussell
    Balanced

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Doom cookie I got to get our time change down so I can catch you on here...i plan on getting A 30 pack this evening lmao...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2017 ---
    And just one post before that I was talking about quitting bad habits rotfl... Wow I got alot to work on that's obvious

#20 mussell, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.