1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Lesbian Coming Out During the Holliday Season (what could go wrong?)

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Butch Flowers, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:16 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Butch Flowers
    Torn

Butch Flowers They/Them
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    So, I have made the decision to finally come out to my boyfriend of 6 + years who I have a 2 year old son with. I've been stuck questioning my sexuality for about 4 months now and my anxiety and fears are only getting worse the more I question because I didn't want to accept the reality that I could be gay, which would then rip my world apart and I'd have to start over. But, there really just is no denying at this point and now I have to figure out how and when to tell my partner. I know there is no right time to do this, but do any of you have suggestions?
    It's the holiday season, which makes this even more uncomfortable for me. My school semester is almost over, so I was thinking after finals for the sake of my own sanity. But then does that mean I should come out before or after Christmas? I know a friend of mine had a husband who came out to her the day after Christmas and now she can't stand Christmas. He also cheated on her, so there was more drama than just him coming out, but still. I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and much appreciated! Thank you!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.