1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Chronic Pain

Discussion in 'Disability' started by IsolatedAnomaly, Apr 7, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. IsolatedAnomaly

IsolatedAnomaly Curious Explorer
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi. I suffer from lifelong chronic pain. It's been a year and a half since the accident and I still get pains daily. I find it difficult to stand for long periods of time. It makes my lower spine feel like it's being compressed. I had originally been on very strong opioids but have weened off and only have to use CBD & occasionally a non-habit muscle relaxer. I also find that long walks make my joints ache badly. And running is out of the question. I can't do anything that requires a helmet, which sucks. So I've had to adjust my life accordingly. I also was treated by several people in part a few I could tell didn't want to work with a transgender person. Which was good and bad at the same time. I actually found starting Physical Therapy was a nightmare until I found this last person.

• How different is the world having to adjust to living differently?
    • How many of you deal with life long injuries?
    • Does this prevent you from doing things?
    • What do you do when Physical Therapy isn't helping like it should, or making things worse?
    • Did you notice a change in behavior if you were treated differently depending on your gender or sexuality?

2. IsolatedAnomaly

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    You have a great and optimistic attitude! I used to draw a ton and stopped. Maybe I should draw something for my wife for our one year wedding anniversary coming up! I'm sorry you have so much going on! I am doing my best to deal with what I have. I take muscle relaxers to help with mine or the tens unit too. That thing is the best.

3. Sir A.G
    Anime Lover

Sir A.G Trans & Bi, 18
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,722 / 1 / -5
    I don't have chronic pain anymore, but I used to. I find having someone to talk and to vent about it to be very helpful. Like you, I couldn't walk long and running was painful so that never happened. It was very hard on me. I was also on opiods like you.

I was lucky my healthcare workers weren't transphobic as my disease is a female-only disease and I had work done around my downstairs and my sexual organs, which obviously didn't match my masculine appearance.

If you want to talk about it you can always message me! It can be nice having someone to relate to :) 

4. IsolatedAnomaly

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I eventually got a shot in my lower back to the right of the spine. A joint was inflamed and now I'm pain free mostly. I still have flare ups here and there but it is nowhere NEAR as bad as it was before! It is nice to have someone to talk to about this. The transphobia really depends on the person. Some can tell and some can't tell. I don't get messed with often. I'm about to have top surgery to give me some extra lift and then bottom eventually.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.