1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Cars

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by Doglover44, May 29, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 21 users.
  1. Soheil
    Sunshine

Soheil Linguaphile extremist...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -1
    I love old muscle cars very much.
    My favourite car is Dodge Challenger.

2. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,631 / 0 / -39
    My roommate has a 2017 Challenger. At 650 hp it's a lot of fun. Very high tech.

3. Missy Chrissie

Missy Chrissie Well-Known Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    650 out of the box or modified?

4. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,631 / 0 / -39
    Out of the box. Pretty high tech. As the speed increases the car adjusts aerodynamically, mostly lowering closer and closer to the road the faster you go. We've had it up to 156 mph. It's got collision avoidance too -- close in on something too fast and the car will throttle down and apply the breaks, going into full [anti]lock if necessary, and alarms go off. Pretty space age. He's got radar detectors, but is a 100% disabled American veteran and has special plates to show that, so the cops just ignore him (or anyone who is driving the car). His tiny little blonde gf got it sideways on the interstate at 110 mph once and it just straightened right out without even leaving it's lane. She looked at me like "I meant to do that." I think she did too. When you slide, the inside side of the car drops and the outside raises to prevent rollover. Funny how safe it all feels at 150 mph. It'll smoke the tires for over a block and makes over 80 by the time the tires catch. Also has a mode kind of opposite to anti-lock brakes -- under heavy acceleration it won't let the wheels spin so no hp gets wasted. Hits 80 real fast that way. Not really designed to be driven on the streets, but who cares. Too much fun.

5. Missy Chrissie

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    Challenger is Dodge?
    My plumbers wife has a Charger that I guess is set up from the factory. I guess there are two versions. He showed me pic when I wa$ writing his check. At his rate she could have a Lambo. :( 

My Mini has three cylinders, have no idea how many horse power it has. I did get my old 4 cyl mini up to 100 mph on a long safe stretch of highway that I knew well. The car drove like a dream. One screw up and I would have been on the 6 o'clock news though.

6. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,631 / 0 / -39
    Challenger and charger are both Dodge Super Bees. Chargers only have 300 some odd hp and are very popular as cop cars. There's also a Challenger Super Bee Demon that is 1,000 hp out of the box (Jesus!!!). Though you can "street" it, the Demon is meant strictly for the track. Doesn't even come with a passenger seat, but you can get one for a dollar. All the "civilizing" extras are only a dollar apiece, but few people use them as anything besides racers. There's a fun video of a guy in a challenger Hellcat outrunning the cops on a California freeway -- the cops are in chargers and he just walks away from them. He even outruns a news helicopter, but runs out of gas just as the choppers telephoto lens is about to lose him. ( https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...812e17ce91601485d9cb269f8f85466b&action=click ) There's a better longer video but I can't find it. The Hellcat is 770 hp out of the box but is just a Challenger with a supercharger. I think the Demon is $200,000, plus how ever many $1 extras you want. Comes with extra wheels and all the tools (incl. air tools) needed to service it as a race car, in a tool box (instead of a back seat) that is factory engraved with the buyer's name -- or, for $1 you can have a back seat (don't know if you still get the loaded tool box). It's all about money, but you can buy some serious hp these days. My friend's car's engine is pretty impressive, but I wanna see one of those 1,000 hp numbers. The cars are built like fighter jets to withstand all the stress and strain the motor and the handling can deal out. My friend said he just hit 90 on the 12 block run from here to 7-11 (on nearly empty streets, but in town -- like residential in town). The wheels are like 21" or something, with 17", triple calipers on all 4 wheels. As you might guess, his tires are pretty square -- burnouts and driving sideways will do that. TIres don't last long. Nice car, but I'll stick with my nice sedate 1992 Buick. I couldn't afford the tires on his car. It gets 24 mpg in town (same as my Buick), running on 4 cylinders, but you can damn near see the gas gauge drop when he puts pedal to the metal. The frame is as impressive as the engine, as are all the many suspension parts. Don't know how it leans into curves, but it does -- like a motorcycle. Anyway yeah, the Super Bee series is still alive, including the Demon, with it's little devil in a tornado emblems, just like in the old days, but not too many in black and yellow any more (aghk, what awful colors -- now; we thought it was "cool" back when).

Hugs,
    Audry

7. Missy Chrissie

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    Oh, the old ones are still super cool. They are what started the whole thing.

State cops drive black chargers here, and I followed one with the license plate
    “NOT A COP”. He was turning so no way I could get a pic.

8. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,631 / 0 / -39
    Yes and yes! The new ones have technology, the old ones have charisma. I'd rather have an old one (in new condition, of course).

Hugs,
    Audry

9. JessicaD

JessicaD Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Did get it and love it.Drives good.Getting a plate for it next week

10. buzzzer

buzzzer Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Good for you, I'm glad you were able to get it. There is a guy about a mile from us who has a 72 Monte Carlo that looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. Enjoy the Nova!

11. 시후박
    Depressed

시후박 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Mazda Savanna RX-7 (1991)
    [​IMG]

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.