1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Can't Help Myself

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Pangirl, Dec 5, 2018 at 12:04 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Pangirl

Pangirl Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    So me & ex gf were together for 8 years before we got together we were best friends for 5 years r so. She broke up with me saying she wasn't in love with me anymore & effectively friendzoned me. Now normally in these cases everyone moves on but unfortunately we both work & live together ( locked into a mortgage unable to sell atm).All in all its for the best & we prb work better as friends. Only now we in the tricky in between stage we were trying to establish boundaries back into friendship. In last month or so she's become very very close with a girl who says she's straight and looking for someone just hang with as all her friends are paired off .This in itself is fine with me but to me ( I know not my business hence can't help myself ).This straight girl cooked my ex a dinner for 2 if them alone my ex stayed over,the straight girl paid for her to go to the movies and they're constantly messaging each other.My ex I feel is rubbing it in my face as she constantly grinning and giggling but telling me oh I fancy her but nothing's gonna happen as she's straight . Don't even know the question I asking prb Is my ex dating a straight girl and I dunno just need to vent as I'm trying to stay out of it .

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. MikaIsAHuman
    Elated

MikaIsAHuman Human...maybe?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -2
    Breakups are never easy, I dated a girl a couple summers ago and now she is dating a new girl she constantly rubs it in.
    However, the only way you are going to get through it is moving on. It's tough trust me I know but you have to at least try.
    If you're finding it hard maybe try and meet new people, get your mind off the situation and find some others to socialize and hang out with for the mean while.

Just give it some time and it will calm down I promise.

I hope this helps at all.
    Mika.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
    #2 MikaIsAHuman, Dec 5, 2018 at 3:05 PM
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 4:32 PM
  3. JJ!27
    Worried

JJ!27 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -1
    his sounds hard to deal with but i would try to take my mind off the situation too. Make new friends, hang out with someone new, read a book, watch some comedy movies. Do anything that could make you happy or entertained. You're not alone, anyone would be curious about what their ex is up to! i would say make new fiends but don't start a new relationship, make yourself #1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Pangirl

Pangirl Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    Thanks Guys for most part I'm getting on with it & Am ok it's just the rubbing it in I feel this is not necessary and only creating hostility when we have to work and live together

5. Freaky.Fiona

Freaky.Fiona Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -1
    Yep, break ups are rarely clean and easy. Also, I have a sinking suspicion that straight girl isn't as straight as she's letting on! lol Anyway, I hope things get better, but I agree you should stay out of it, as much as possible don't let it get to you, and hopefully you can sell that place soon, so you can move on more.

6. Pangirl

Pangirl Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    Yeah I'm inclined to believe she's not so straight & is maybe testing the waters or she's one of those straight girls who get off on the attention It wouldn't be so bad if ex didn't feel the need to be all in my face about it cos I feel it's unnessary considering she broke up with me

7. Melbr
    Artistic

Melbr Looking for My One-finding Friends along the way.

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Pangirl the best way through a break-up is to find someone you can go out with. Find a local meetup group or other LGBTQ group and get out of the house. Don't say anything to her about what you do or where you've been. Ignore what she is doing as if it doesn't matter. 1) this will help you move on and actually get over her and 2) determine if she is really over you.

8. Pangirl

Pangirl Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    Meblr I've done this taking myself out of house not saying where I'm going & she gets real cranky with me over it. Also she keeps saying I love you but as a friend it's like ok yeah I get it but calls me cute. It's a headmelt tbh.

9. six
    Confused

six gooseberry
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    honestly had something similar with an ex (much toned down tho). it's best to confront her and be open with how you feel, i think. just tell her it bothers you she keeps talking about another girl and can she stop.

10. Pangirl

Pangirl Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    I had a lightbulb moment last night she came to me saying her other friends are warning her about this 'straight' girl using her and then right away she was back on tinder again and I realised that since she broke up with me She hasn't technically been single as such it's all hook up and straight girls so while I did the crying etc etc I think I've given myself the time I need to process everything and in the end I'm gonna come out stronger cos I've dealt with everything and someday it's gonna hit her cos she's avoiding it (She didn't cry once) And by then I will have moved on

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.