1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Can a girl use boy pronouns?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Aurianna, Dec 17, 2017.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Aurianna

Aurianna Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi! Quick background, i am a 17 year old pansexual girl.
    I like being a girl and identify as a girl, but sometimes i feel like a boy. In private I carry myself and dress like a boy at times, but i have a lot of issues because I dont feel comfortable doing or feeling this way. I also cringe internally whenever anyone uses she/her when talking about me and occasionally get "penis envy".
    My questions would be can I identify as a girl if I use boy pronouns? How do i get comfortable being a boy with/without presenting as one? Is there a title for any of this or anything im missing? Any advice would be a world of help. Thank you.

2. AudryLeigh
    Feminine

AudryLeigh tGirl and Karaoke junkie
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,697 / 0 / -24
    Sure, use any pronouns you like. There are no rules. For the rest of your question, I'm going to have to pass. I'm M2F, and really don't understand anything about boys or men, being one, becoming one, etc. But as far as the pronouns, go for it (in my opinion).

Hugs,
    Audry

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Bridget Granger
    Bookworm

Bridget Granger Multitalented Pansexual Demigirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another suggestion is you could be a Demigirl like me, identifying partially as female and partially another gender (in this case male). (I go by she/her, he/him and they/them). But hey, you know you better then any of us, so you do you!

4. Kvng Ren
    Sporty

Kvng Ren Pansexual

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You can use any pronouns you'd like. I am currently FTM and have also been through that. If you feel like both you could use the pronouns they/them or just say you don't care about which pronouns are used. I used they/them pronouns until January of 2016 only because I was told that it was wrong to be Transgender. I have always known I was a boy but I still like girly things and I don't normally hang around guys. As far as your situation I would advise you be comfortable with you because at the end of the day You are you and You're great. Use any pronouns you want. I admit that it is going to take some time for people to get used to, even yourself but once you are used to it, its like you are finally free.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. justK
    Moonlighting

justK K // he/him or they/them
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Using a set of pronouns doesn't necessarily mean you identify with that gender! Pronouns and gender shouldn't be inherently tied -- you can be male-identifying and use she/her if you want, or female-identifying and use he/him if you want...or they/them, or what have you. It might be hard for some people to figure out and wrap their heads around at first, but in the end it comes down to what you feel will be best for you!!

6. Alexander Vanburen
    Anime Lover

Alexander Vanburen Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    There is actually a category that touches on that very subject and that is being a term called Genderfluid. Meaning you can associate as a male or female. Sometimes you're a male and sometimes you're a female

7. Driver22
    Musical

Driver22 Lurker

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This video talks a little bit about some non-cis identities if you want to watch it. Hope I helped you. :) 

8. TheBlueberryMuffinTimelord
    Jammie

TheBlueberryMuffinTimelord "One day, you'll feel okay." -Pete Wentz
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +859 / 1 / -1
    Ayy!!! It's Ash Hardell! Love her.

Anyway, yeah her videos help a lot with understanding these types of things.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.